cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rtcctool stapi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i apply st-api but still not able to run rtcctool, it say testlogin to sapnet r/3 failied. pls help me what this sapnet here?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Shilpa,

THis is an RFC failure. Either it is not defined correctly, or the username/password combination is not valid.

You should use SAP Note 169924 - SAPOSS connection trouble shooting.

Use this note to test SAP connection from transaction OSS1 or SM59.

The related SAP RFC connection names can be SAPOSS, SDCC_OSS, SAP-OSS

SAPNET_RFC and so on.

Just in case you are not sure how to proceed.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i try open the note but it say 'The requested SAP Note is either in reworking or is released internally only' what do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

> i try open the note but it say 'The requested SAP Note is either in reworking or is released internally only' what do?

Same for me here, but you should try sometime later again. SAP might be working right now to update the Note.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

> i apply st-api but still not able to run rtcctool, it say testlogin to sapnet r/3 failied.

Hello,

It seems the RFC named SAPOSS is not working fine.

Please do some checks -

1. SM59 --> SAPOSS --> Connection test and authorization test

2. If above test fails, check the cause of the failure.

3. If the cause is not something related to user/password then please verify that the SAProuter is running fine or not.

4. Are all the details maintained in transaction OSS1 ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

connection test fail, it say user/password wrong. how verify user is wrong or password is wrong?what password i put here? pls help me

Former Member
0 Kudos

> connection test fail, it say user/password wrong. how verify user is wrong or password is wrong?what password i put here? pls help me

Hello,

Either username or the password can be wrong. Are you sure that the only message you get is related to username/password ? Because sometimes the problem can be of 'securestore' as well.

Once you try to provide the following details in 'Logon and Security' tab and then test the connection -

Language : EN

Client : 001

User OSS_RFC

Password : CPIC

Thanks

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please refer to SAP Note 182308 for the correct logon data to SAPOSS.

If you still get an error logging on, then I still recommend SAP Note 169924 = SAPOSS connection trouble shooting.

The status of thsi Note is "For Checking" which means changes have already been made, and now they are being verified by someone other than the person that made the changes. So the work has been done, and its just a matter of verifying the changes before the status is set back to "Released for Customer", and it is view able again. So perhaps check on Monday.

Since this logon data is the same for all users, if you set it according to SAP Note you should not get a logon error however.

Regards,

Paul