cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gui Patch 8 - Auto Update Service is trashing LOGs folder

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have customer message 0000872416 2011 open on this.

Prior functioning installation server running patch 6 was updated to patch 8, along with SapSetup_patch.exe and SapWUS_patch.exe (latest released versions). Installation server is configured to allow auto updates and check interval is 24 hours.

Running an installation server based install on WinXP or Win7, goes fine. When done I have NwSapSetup.log and the two other log files for the IS and Update service which are created with a 'normal' install. You can see how it looks [HERE|http://home.comcast.net/~ply17410/SAP/LogsAfterInstall_Screenshot.PNG].

When I reboot however ... PROBLEMS It's as if the auto update service 'goes wild' ... Windows explorer shows the LOGs folder to have numerous NotificationTool and UpdateService log files created. The other thing that happens is that NwSapSetup.log is removed! You can see how it looks [HERE|http://home.comcast.net/~ply17410/SAP/LogsAfterInstall_Screenshot_Gone_Wild.PNG].

Full narrative on how to create is with my support message along with screenshots.

Thanks,

Bob H

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is anyone else utilizing the Automatic Workstation Update service on their installation server?

If your installation server is at Patch 8 level, have you checked the ...\Setup\LOGs folder on 'new' installs to see if rebooting causes the problem described above?

Thanks,

Bob H

Former Member
0 Kudos

UPDATE

This does not appear to be related to Patch 8.

It appears to be caused by latest SapSetup_patch.exe from Note: 1587566

Here is why I think this:

I had a perfectly working installation server at Patch 6 with SapSetup_patch version 8.6.1.50 installed.

I applied the current release SapSetup_patch.exe version 8.6.1.72 from Note: 1587566

Now front end installs on WinXP or Win7 will exhibit the behavior described in this forum thread.

Bob H