cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wily Introscope on PI production

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

Don't know if this is the right subforum, please redirect me if this isn't the case.

We have been experiencing some memory issues on a productive PI server. I've been able to narrow down the cause to the Wily agent heartbeat, consuming massive amounts of memory over time. (using notes 743207 and 1024206)

Since the agent on the server is kind of ancient, and updating agents was still on my to-do list after the solution manager stack upgrade, i was planning on updating the agent. However, some time ago, i've read a SAP note warning customers about the fact NOT to use Wily on productive PI systems because it would introduce performance issues with PI. So, with that in mind, i was thinking of removing Wily from the productive PI server completely. (Undeploying it i guess..)

After looking into it again today, i was unable to find the note warning customers NOT to use Wily in productive PI environments. Perhaps, something has changed/solved at the side of SAP..? Anyone any ideas regarding the usage of Wily on PI productive systems?

The PI servers mentioned are all 7.1 systems, SOLMAN 7.0 EnhP. 1, Wily agent used is ISAGENT.8.2.3.5-2011-01-14

Thank you in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have from the last two weeks a new project to identify if exist any performance problem in SAP PI 7.10 in a customer with a high volume of transactions per day (around 80.000 IDOC's in SAP from/to PI and some with 40.000 segments).

My first work was to create a report to extract information about the start time, end time, size of message, etc of the messages in PI searching tables and save throught a JOB to printer spool.

With this information I can find if some of the interfaces consumes more time comparing start time vs end time. Also I can find if some interface have a big size. When I have this information, I will review the corresponding interface (message mapping, BPM, etc) to identify if exist any solution to get best performance on it.

Also exist a specific document from SAP for performance check

See: SAP Note 894509 – PI Performance Check

daniel_nicol
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There was a memory leak problem with some IS Agent versions, but the correction has been released.

The information is all provided with note 1565954.

Regards,

Daniel.