cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SM 7.1 installation on i was stopped on step 27 "configure UME"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new for DB4, had once question for the SM 7.1 installation. We are in IBM i V7R1, trying to install the SM 7.1 on it. sapinst went well to until it get to step 27/44 'configure UME',. I am getting below error for the Java

I checked the log file under sapinst_instdir/SOLMAN71/SYSTEM/DB4/CENTRAL/AS/umconfigurator.log

Oct 20, 2011 12:30:42... Info: UME configurator (com.sap.security.tools.UMConfiguratorLoad) called for action "setup"

Oct 20, 2011 12:30:45... Error: main()

[EXCEPTION]

com.sap.engine.frame.core.configuration.ConfigurationException: Error while connecting to DB.

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.persistence.rdbms.DBConnectionPool.createConnection(DBConnectionPool.java:365)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.persistence.rdbms.DBConnectionPool.<init>(DBConnectionPool.java:130)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.persistence.rdbms.PersistenceHandler.<init>(PersistenceHandler.java:38)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.cache.ConfigurationCache.<init>(ConfigurationCache.java:149)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.bootstrap.ConfigurationManagerBootstrapImpl.init(ConfigurationManagerBootstrapImpl.java:236)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.bootstrap.ConfigurationManagerBootstrapImpl.<init>(ConfigurationManagerBootstrapImpl.java:60)

at com.sap.security.tools.UMConfigModel.<init>(UMConfigModel.java:79)

at com.sap.security.tools.UMConfiguratorLoad.main(UMConfiguratorLoad.java:179)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:88)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:61)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:60)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:391)

at com.sap.engine.offline.OfflineToolStart.main(OfflineToolStart.java:81)

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: INTERNAL ERROR: Creation of DB2Driver object for registering with DriverManager failed.

at com.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2ErrorDriver.throwSavedExceptions(DB2ErrorDriver.java:115)

at com.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2ErrorDriver.handleURLProcessing(DB2ErrorDriver.java:298)

at com.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2ErrorDriver.acceptsURL(DB2ErrorDriver.java:151)

at com.sap.sql.jdbc.NativeConnectionFactory.createNativeConnection(NativeConnectionFactory.java:157)

at com.sap.sql.connect.OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.createPooledConnection(OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.java:608)

at com.sap.sql.connect.OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.getPooledConnection(OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.java:285)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.persistence.rdbms.DBConnectionPool.createConnection(DBConnectionPool.java:307)

... 13 more

Oct 20, 2011 12:30:45... Info: Leaving with return code 99

Thanks.

Vel.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Vel,

Can you try running the CONFIGJVM command exactly as given in the log CONFIGJVM ACTION(APPLY) VM(IT4J) HEAP(*DEFAULTS) with the <sid>OFR user? If the command fails here too, then I'd recommend that you open a message with SAP under the component BC-INS-AS4.

If the command works, which is what I expect, then you will need to edit the file keydb.xml as given below. I give the instructions in detail as you say that you are unfamiliar with our platform:

1. cd <your EHPI log directory>

EDTF STMF(keydb.xml)

2. In the <Control> field enter ERROR (in square brackets) and press F16 (shift+F4) to search for the string. Unfortunately this editor does not allow me to enter square brackets in a visible form, as they have a special meaning.You should find only one occurrence of this string in the file.

3. Modify it from ERROR to OK and then press F3 twice. After the first time you will see a message telling you that the file has been changed, you can ignore it and press <F3> again.

4. Exit the EHP GUI and restart it. Continue from where you left off.

If this does not solve your problem, then you should also open a message with SAP. Assuming that it does work, the same error may occur later when CONFIGJVM is called again. You can use the same workaround to get past the second occurrence of the problem too.

Kind regards,

Sally Power

For SAP on IBM i Development Support

Edited by: Sally Power on Oct 25, 2011 5:44 PM

Edited by: Sally Power on Oct 25, 2011 5:46 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sally,

That helped little bit, I passed on without any issue for the previous error. I started back the installation after the correction made, i got another issue

ERROR 2011-10-25 13:45:33.207 [sixxcstepexecute.cpp:988]

FCO-00011 The step setEngineStartStopMode with step key |NW_Onehost|ind|ind|

ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|2|0|NW_CI_Instance|ind|ind|ind|

ind|11|0|NW_CI_Instance_Configure_Java|ind|ind|ind|ind|6|0|setEngineStartStop

Mode was executed with status ERROR ( Last error reported by the step :Execut

ion of the command "/QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/JavaVM/jdk14/64bit/bin/java -Xmx2

56M -Djava.ext.dirs=/usr/sap/SM3/DVEBMGS00/SDM/program/lib:/QOpenSys/QIBM/Pro

dData/JavaVM/jdk14/64bit/jre/lib/ext -jar /usr/sap/SM3/DVEBMGS00/SDM/program/

bin/SDM.jar j2eeenginestartstop mode=automatic syntaxcheck=true sdmhome=/usr/

sap/SM3/DVEBMGS00/SDM/program logfile=/tmp/sapinst_instdir/SOLMAN71/SYSTEM/DB

4/CENTRAL/AS/callSdmViaSapinst.log" finished with status TST_ERROR.).

INFO 2011-10-25 13:45:35.148 [syuxcpath.cpp:371]

CSyPath::createFile() lib=syslib module=syslib

Creating file /tmp/sapinst_instdir/SOLMAN71/SYSTEM/DB4/CENTRAL/AS/__instana_t

mp.xml.

WARNING 2011-10-25 13:45:40.229 [iaxxejshlp.cpp:150]

Could not get property IDs of the JavaScript object.

ERROR 2011-10-25 13:45:40.229 [iaxxejsctl.cpp:492]

FJS-00010 Could not get value for property .

callSdmViaSapinst.log

Oct 21, 2011 4:59:27 PM Info:

Oct 21, 2011 4:59:27 PM Info: ======================================================

Oct 21,

2011 4:59:27 PM Info: = Starting to execute command 'savetargetconfig' =

Oct 21, 2011 4:59:27 PM

Info: ======================================================

Info: Starting SDM - Software Deployment Manager...

Info: tc/SL/SDM/SDM/sap.com/SAP AG/7.0204.20100323143211.0000

Oct 21, 2011 4:59:28 PM

Info: SDM operation mode successfully set to: Standalone

Oct 21, 2011 4:59:29 PM

Info: Initializing Network Manager (50017)

Info: Checking if another SDM is running on port 50018

Info: Successfully executed. Return code: 0

In callSdmViaSapinst.log Retun code is 0..no error But i am getting message.

Thanks.

Vel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo again Vel.

I'm glad my last answer helped a bit anyway. Your customer message has now arrived in the SAP on i Development Support area, so I will continue processing the new issue there.

Kind regards,

Sally Power

peter_yu3
Participant
0 Kudos

Sally,

I am Vel's workmate, WE finished the SM 7.1 installation, and faced this CONFIGJVM issue twice.I have a question for you, under the kernel patched download(service market SWDC), I can see it hasCONFIGJVM_6-20005270.SAR patch, but in the kernel CD, I cannot see it. Can you tell us which file I should replace with this latest CONFIGJVM.SAR. I think this latest CONFIGJVM should already fixed this issue, but I cannot find out the injection point, so everytime need manual do it. For example, ILE.SAR , I can uncar it and replace the file ILE_TOOLS.

Anyway, thanks for your help!

BR,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Unfortunately, this issue is not fixed yet. Our developers are working on it, but have been hampered by the fact that the problem does not occur when we test in-house. In any case, the problem is not with CONFIGJVM, which works just fine when you run it with <sid>OFR, but with SAPinst. Development is working together with another customer which had this problem, to see if we can find the root-cause there.

All the best,

Sally Power

P.S. I'd be interested to know how you solved the secod problem Vel reported? I was still waiting for a service connection to the server, when the message that you'd finished the installation came through.

peter_yu3
Participant
0 Kudos

Sally,

P.S. I'd be interested to know how you solved the secod problem Vel reported? I was still waiting for a service connection to the server, when the message that you'd finished the installation came through.

Vel's error message posted above was not accurate, if you see the timestamp, the error message is 10/25, but the other sdm..message is 10/21. So they are not happened the same time.

The real error is below, it try to run a java, but got permission denied issue.

INFO 2011-10-26 02:48:05.583

Output of /QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/JavaVM/jdk14/64bit/bin/java -Xmx256M -Djava.ext.dirs=/usr/sap/SM3/DVEBMGS00/SDM/program/lib:/QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/JavaVM/jdk14/64bit/jre/lib/ext -jar /usr/sap/SM3/DVEBMGS00/SDM/program/bin/SDM.jar j2eeenginestartstop mode=automatic syntaxcheck=true sdmhome=/usr/sap/SM3/DVEBMGS00/SDM/program logfile=/tmp/sapinst_instdir/SOLMAN71/SYSTEM/DB4/CENTRAL/AS/callSdmViaSapinst.log is written to the logfile java.log.

ERROR 2011-10-26 02:48:05.676

MUT-03010 Execution of the command "/QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/JavaVM/jdk14/64bit/bin/java -Xmx256M -Djava.ext.dirs=/usr/sap/SM3/DVEBMGS00/SDM/program/lib:/QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/JavaVM/jdk14/64bit/jre/lib/ext -jar /usr/sap/SM3/DVEBMGS00/SDM/program/bin/SDM.jar j2eeenginestartstop mode=automatic syntaxcheck=true sdmhome=/usr/sap/SM3/DVEBMGS00/SDM/program logfile=/tmp/sapinst_instdir/SOLMAN71/SYSTEM/DB4/CENTRAL/AS/callSdmViaSapinst.log" finished with status TST_ERROR.

ERROR 2011-10-26 02:48:05.679

MUT-03010 Execution of the command "/QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/JavaVM/jdk14/64bit/bin/java -Xmx256M -Djava.ext.dirs=/usr/sap/SM3/DVEBMGS00/SDM/program/lib:/QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/JavaVM/jdk14/64bit/jre/lib/ext -jar /usr/sap/SM3/DVEBMGS00/SDM/program/bin/SDM.jar j2eeenginestartstop mode=automatic syntaxcheck=true sdmhome=/usr/sap/SM3/DVEBMGS00/SDM/program logfile=/tmp/sapinst_instdir/SOLMAN71/SYSTEM/DB4/CENTRAL/AS/callSdmViaSapinst.log" finished with status TST_ERROR.

ERROR 2011-10-26 02:48:06.350

FCO-00011 The step setEngineStartStopMode with step key |NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|2|0|NW_CI_Instance|ind|ind|ind|ind|11|0|NW_CI_Instance_Configure_Java|ind|ind|ind|ind|6|0|setEngineStartStopMode was executed with status ERROR ( Last error reported by the step :Execution of the command "/QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/JavaVM/jdk14/64bit/bin/java -Xmx256M -Djava.ext.dirs=/usr/sap/SM3/DVEBMGS00/SDM/program/lib:/QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/JavaVM/jdk14/64bit/jre/lib/ext -jar /usr/sap/SM3/DVEBMGS00/SDM/program/bin/SDM.jar j2eeenginestartstop mode=automatic syntaxcheck=true sdmhome=/usr/sap/SM3/DVEBMGS00/SDM/program logfile=/tmp/sapinst_instdir/SOLMAN71/SYSTEM/DB4/CENTRAL/AS/callSdmViaSapinst.log" finished with status TST_ERROR.).

INFO 2011-10-26 02:48:07.393

Creating file /tmp/sapinst_instdir/SOLMAN71/SYSTEM/DB4/CENTRAL/AS/__instana_tmp.xml.

INFO 2011-10-26 10:49:02.132

An error occured and the user decided to stop.\n Current step "|NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|2|0|NW_CI_Instance|ind|ind|ind|ind|11|0|NW_CI_Instance_Configure_Java|ind|ind|ind|ind|6|0|setEngineStartStopMode".

this is the java.log error:

Error in execvpS(/QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/JavaVM/jdk14/64bit/bin/java errno: 13, error text: Permission denied

I tried to check the java and try to execute it manually, but the command line is too long, i cannot run it from the qp2term, so I start a new installation, and download all the latest SAPEXE.SAR, SAPEXEDB.SAR, ILE.SAR, and replaced the kernel dvd with this new download, then start the installation from scratch, it works fine, only faced CONFIGJVM issue twice, and manually run it and reset status to keydb.xml, it went smooth. To change the keydb.xml file, I copied it to windows 2008, search and change it in a text editor, then copied it back to AS400. So basically on V7R1, if we use all the latest things, it should only face the CONFIGJVM issue, no other hurdle

Thanks again.

BR,

Peter

Edited by: Peter Yu on Oct 28, 2011 3:29 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the update Peter. I'm glad that editing the file on Windows worked okay. Occasionally we have problems with unexpected text conversion when this sort of procedure is followed. That's why I recommended using EDTF on the i server, when I described the workaround to Vel.

All the best,

Sally

peter_yu3
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the update Peter. I'm glad that editing the file on Windows worked okay. Occasionally we have problems with unexpected text conversion when this sort of procedure is followed. That's why I recommended using EDTF on the i server, when I described the workaround to Vel.

You are right, widnows own text editor maybe has this issue, but I was using 'Crimson Editor' or 'Notepad++', which i can set it to unix format.

I remembered one thing: you ask us to run CONFIGJVM as user <sid>OFR, but actually when I did run it as <sid>OFR, I will get error, I need run it as <sid>adm. Does this is the reason why we still face this CONFIGJVM issue, your code maybe still try to run it as <sid>OFR

BR,

Peter

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

dorothea_stein
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gnanavel,

from the callstack ist appears that you are trying to use Native JDBC Driver (db2_classes.jar). This option should not be supported with Solution Manager 7.1, which is 7.02 based. Native Driver in general is not considered strategic anymore.

(As a matter of fact, the driver won't work together with SAPJVM, which I believe is the reason for the error you are getting.) SAP Note 654800 has the details.

We should have disabled this install option. I apologize if we haven't, I will check.

For you the safest way to continue from here would be to start from scratch using Toolbox (jt400.jar). If that's too much effort, I suggest you open a ticket and put it to BC-DB-DB4 for us to see, whether and how the switch can be done at that point in time during the installation.

Best regards,

Dorothea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dorothea,

Thanks again for the help, It worked. I stopped the Install and started the fresh Installation with Toolbox Driver, previous error passed on. I am getting below error now

FSL-04018 Unable to initialize group assignment for user sm3adm and group 111.

ERROR 2011-10-21 17:00:16.751 [iaxxco4ntv.cpp:158]iastring COS4SystemNativeConnect::executeCLCommand(args_t const& _args)

MOS-02001 Call of command "CONFIGJVM ACTION(APPLY) VM(IT4J) HEAP(*DEFAULTS)" failed. Exception is "255".setgroups: Not owner

ERROR 2011-10-21 17:00:16.777 [syuxccuren.cpp:1000]CSyCurrentProcessEnvironmentImpl::initSupplementaryGroups(qsecofr,*NONE)

lib=syslib module=syslib

FSL-00009 System call failed. Error 1 (Not owner) in execution of system call 'initgroups' with parameter (qsecofr, 0), line (999) in file (syuxccuren.cp

p), stack trace: iaxxejsctl.cpp: 272: EJS_ControllerImpl::executeScript()iaxxejsbas.hpp: 450: EJS_Base::dispatchFunctionCall()

iaxxejsexp.cpp: 178: EJS_Installer::invokeModuleCall()syuxccuren.cpp: 640: CSyCurrentProcessEnvironmentImpl::setEffectiveUser(PSyUser,iastring)

syuxccuren.cpp: 147: CSyCurrentProcessEnvironmentImpl::setUser(PSyUser)syuxccuren.cpp: 967: CSyCurrentProcessEnvironmentImpl::initSupplementaryGroups(PSyUser qsecofr)

syuxccuren.cpp: 984: CSyCurrentProcessEnvironmentImpl::initSupplementaryGroups(qsecofr, *NONE)

ERROR 2011-10-21 17:00:16.777 [syuxccuren.cpp:1004] CSyCurrentProcessEnvironmentImpl::initSupplementaryGroups(qsecofr,*NONE)lib=syslib module=syslib

FSL-04018 Unable to initialize group assignment for user qsecofr and group 0

ERROR 2011-10-21 17:00:16.813 CJSlibModule::writeError_impl()MOS-02001 Call of command "CONFIGJVM ACTION(APPLY) VM(IT4J) HEAP(*DEFAULT)

Can i able to logon with SM3ADM and proceed the installation or need to change any permission for QSECOFR or SM3ADM user. To start the installation again.

Thanks again for your input.

Thanks.

Vel.