cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of Source system in Data Source

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Our development system is a copy of another BI system. now the development system is connected to different source system. since it is a copy, all data sources are pointing to previous source system.

How can I change this data source point to new source system.

With regards,

Bala

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

As u know the DATASOURCE is SOURCE dependent.so the solution when you connect your developement system with another system ,while transporting the datasource you have to change your source system name also according to your BW boxes

I will give an ex:

suppose u have 3 system in your BI architecture,

BW : Regression ---> PREPROD -

> PROD

/

SOURCE : S1 ---> S2 -

> S3

SO When we transport the BW datasource.....,while transport we have to change the source system accordingly.

I hope i helped answering your question

Edited by: SIDHARTHA SATAPATHY on Oct 21, 2011 8:43 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check below link for step to step article:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/70a7b233-8be5-2c10-4190-aed723af5373

BDLS is the transaction but it will make transformations inactive and DTP will still point to old system and make the system inconsistent. You will need to have a look on RSBKDTP_BDLS, RSBK_REPAIR_BDLS and RSBKTRAN_BDLS programs also.

See SAP Notes Note 1059278 - 70SP15: Error in transaction BDLS and Note 961551 - 70SP09: BDLS: DTPs are not converted for more details.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Amandeep Sharma

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

You need to run the BDLS transaction to change the source system names in different tables and objects.

Regards,

Durgesh.