cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large file doesn't work in a message-splitting scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm trying to measure the XI performance in a message-splitting scenario by having the file adapter to pull the xml file below and send it to XI to perform a simple "message split w/o BPM" and generate xml files for each record in another folder. I tried 100, 500, 1000 records and they all turned out fine. Once I tried the 2000-records case, the status of that message is WAITING in RWB and I checked sxmb_moni, the message is in "recorded for outbound messaging", I couldn't find any error.

Is there some kinda of threshold that can be adjusted for large files? Thank you.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<ns0:MultiXML xmlns:ns0="urn:himax:b2bi:poc:multiMapTest">

<Record>

<ID>1</ID>

<FirstName>1</FirstName>

<LastName>1</LastName>

</Record>

</ns0:MultiXML>

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check:

<host>:<port>/MessagingSystem/monitor/monitor.jsp

here you can see what happend on adapter engine.

regards,

wojtek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wojtek,

I've looked into the Message Display Tool you pointed out and I didn't see any error message in it.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Thanks for responding to my question. The problem worked out somehow later on without any adjustment to the system. Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Just change the split logic from parForEach to ForEach . No notes to be applied. The Note was just for reference.

Thanks

Abinash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

If you are using parforeach inside your BPM change it to for each after applying the OSS NOTE 811515-BPE.

It should resolve your problem.

Thanks

Abinash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

What is the status of the entry in SMQ2 ?

Also see if this link helps,

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/29/xi-how-to-re-process-failed-xi-messages-automatically

Regards,

Abhy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abhy,

I checked SMQ2 and it asks for a QNAME. How do I find out which specific queue to type in?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

You will see a Quee ID for your message in SXMB_MONI, from which we can determine the quee name.

If the Quee id is something like "XBTO1___0001", you just have to give XBTO* as the Quee name....

If you go to SMQR, you will find all the inbound and out bound Quees registered.

Regards,

Abhy

Message was edited by: Abhy Thomas

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try what Abhy as said, also you can double click on the Queue ID shouwn in the SXMB_MONI. It will directy tae you to the queue transcation. Go to the queue trans and see any message is generated.

Also check if all the queues are activated.

Thanks,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The Queue ID is "XBTO1__0000". I double-clicked it, it took me to the "qRFC Monitor (Inbound Queue) screen, and showed a XBT01_0000 queue with 3 Entries.

I double-clicked on that, and it took me to another screen that showed a queue with same same and "Running" in Status.

I double-clicked on that, and i saw three entries. For the latest entry, its StatusText says "Transaction recorded".

I double-clicked on that, it took me to Function Builder:Display SXMS_ASYNC_EXEC.

What do I from here?

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can try to restart it

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>double-clicked on that, and i saw three entries. For the latest entry, its StatusText says "Transaction recorded".</i>

Click on DELETE in this window and then go back to SXMB_MONI and restart your message.

Take a look at this blog to see how restarting of messages can be done,

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/29/xi-how-to-re-process-failed-xi-messages-automatically

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Please check also aiting messages. Problem has to be somewhere on adapter engine.

/wojtek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Wojtek,

I checked again and I couldn't find any waiting messages.