cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Credit Limit of FD32 and OB52

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am configuring Sales Credit management but i got confused in these two T-CODES while assigning credit limits. What is the difference between FD32 Credit Limit and OB52 Credit Limit. If we assign credit limit in OB52 then why we assign in FD32.

Also kindly help me how to assign roles for credit limit means authorization in sales credit management.

Best Regards

Roshan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear roshan100

There is no link between FSCM and SD

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

In IMG-> Financial Supply Chain Management their is Credit Management kindly tell what is that for.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear roshan100

This is relevant to financial supply chain management applications. This is not at all relevant for SD-credit management.

So you can least bother about that.

Thanks&Regards

raghu.k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roshan,

This is relevant to supply chain management,not for sales and distribution.

for sales path IMG - SPRO - Sales and Distribution - Basic Functions - Credit Management/Risk Management

SD perspective we do credit related configuration in the above path only.

Regards

Ram

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear roshan100

This is the t-code to create the credit control areas.

Hear we maintain the credit limit for the new customers for whom we don't maintain the customer credit master "FD32"

In this way you can ensure that a credit restriction will be effective for new customers, too, as soon as the customer has been created.

Let me know if you have any further clarifications

Thanks&Regards

Raghu.k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is their any link between FSCM and sales credit management.are they interrelate or they are different any link between FSCM and Sales credit management.

i have followed these steps:

1: OB45

2: OB38

3: OVFL

4: VKM3

5:OB01

6: OVA6

7: V/08

8: OVAK

9: OVAD

10: OVA8

11: FD32

Kindly suggest are these steps enough or i need some more steps...

Edited by: roshan100 on Oct 21, 2011 2:22 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Roshan,

In SAP SD we maintain customer credit limit at T.code FD32 only,credit management functions based on FD32 only,what ever the credit limit you given to the customer according to that he will be monitored.

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear roshan100

Credit lomit only set for the respective customer in FD32-(Customer credit master) only,OB52 will not be used for credit limit maintenance .OB52 is for setting posting periods.

While comming to authorizations

Once a sales order is raised and blocked for credit limit it has to be released by an authorized person or a credit manager.This depends upon the business process of respective clients.

These blocked sales orders or deliveries will be released in VKM3 and VKM5 transaction codes respectively.

So some users will create the orders and deliveries in VA01 andVL01N ,for them we don't give authorizations for the t-codes VKM3 and VKM5 .For Only the credit managers will get the authorizations to go vkm3 and vkm5 t.codes for releasing the blocked orders and deliveries.

This authorizations will be set by the basis consultants according to the user statuses.

Thanks&Regards

Raghu.k

Former Member
0 Kudos

SORRY OB45.

DIFFERENCE BETWEEN OB45 and FD32

Former Member
0 Kudos

SORRY OB45.

DIFFERENCE BETWEEN OB45 and FD32 Credit Limit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Roshan,

In OB45 we will maintain the credit limit for new customers,for those the credit records not maintained in FD32,until and unless we create the credit record to that customer the customer is able up to that credit limit,this limit is not for total credit control are limit.

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

1St Scenario: You said OB45 is for entire credit control area what if we leave it blank and and add credit value just in FD32.

2nd Scenario: If i add credit limit in OB45 and leave FD32 blank

I have created new customer and left all the fields blank FD32 and OB45 in credit limit but system did nothing no error

E.G

NEW CUSTOMER = NO CREDIT LIIMIT

CREDIT CONTROL AREA = NO CREDIT LIMIT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To test this scenario give 10,000 credit limit in OB45 and create new costumer,before that come to VOV8 select your document

type there in General control tab Check credit limit select Run simple credit limit check and warning message or

Run simple credit limit check and error message,and then in VOV7 select your item category there tick the credit active field.

Now create a sale order and check.

check and revert

Ram