cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Language Supplementation for German

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

As per the customer requirement, it is necessary to supplement the German language with English.

I have gone through the SAP Note 111750 - Supplementing German with English (Customizing).

I have maintained the table TC002 and NOTRA as per the prerequisites of Note.

Now while running supplementataion, it is asking us to specify the Supplimetation language for German.

Afterspecifying English as supplimentation language and saving,..we are getting below error message.

"language de has translation degree 1 and is not to be supplemented".

We are using SAP ECC 6.0 ( Ehp 1).

Kindly let me know how to proceed further now.

Thanks

Jogi

Edited by: jogibhai$ on Oct 21, 2011 1:34 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

The issue is resolved after resetting the table buffer.

It can be done by executing /$TAB Tcode.

Thanks

Jogi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi team

I have changed the supplementary language in sandbox .But in DEV i am getting message "language.DE has translation degree 1 and it is not be supplemented"

I tried /$TAB .But still getting the message.

Ravindra

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As per my understanding theres 2 languages that are fully translated (meaning they don't requiered supplementation) one is English and the other one is German.

So I don't understand the need to supplement German

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

I know that DE (German) and EN (English) are the complete languages with degree of translation equal to one, which means for every text in the SAP system a german and English translation is delivered by SAP.

But we need the characteristic description translation to DE as well.

i.e., to supplement the project specific and custoomizing entries, it is required to supplement the German.

Please provide us the solution to skip this error message.

Thanks

Jogi