Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple r/3 status monitoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

We have the below situation:

Ours is a Global/Local data set up. XI takes care of distribution of local data to various systems .

During this distribution, is it possible to capture the status of the distribution in MDM [assuming there is a field created]? In case if there is an error in one of the r/3 systems - this should be reflected in MDM which subsequently be viewed in the portal.

Regards,

Vinay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

Can someone pls look into this issue . Challenging cases call for all those experienced MDM'ers !!!

Regards,

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vinay,

This is one of the missing features in MDM (I have not yet explored SP4). If you would like to create a Custom field and "Update" it, then XI need to write back the data with Status and Import Manager can inturn use this file and "Update" the record. This process can be automated on MDM side to some extent by using Import Server.

In my previous project, we had a Java process kicking off a chain of batch programs for Syndicator Batch, Custom built "ftp" scripts for transfering files to Legacy systems. When an "Acknowledgement" is recieved from Legacy systems, the "Status" is updated back in repository using MDM Java API.

I hope the scenarios I explained will help you in resolving the problem in your case.

All the Best!

Regards,

Rajani Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rajani, We also had a similar soln. in mind - using XI to upate the status.

How about using MDM receipt. ? have you ever used in your previous projects. ? What are its advantages

Regards

Vinay