cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can we restrict a object to value level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

We have an requirement from client that in a webi report a sales manager needs to see only the sales for those regions under his control.Actually i had put region in the filter in the report,so his requirement is ,in the filter only the regions of his control should appear .Can we do implement these restrictions in the designer ??

Please suggest me .

Thank you

- Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravinder,

yes, you can achive this function in Query definition. like you said you keep the region under filter restriction for sales keyfigure.

And the authorization part will come automatically if you keep the processing type as authorization for region.

Also if you want select a region while navigating you have to put region under characteristic variable and manual input processing type.

hope this might help you to question..plz assign point if it helps out.

regards,

Bashkar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar.

Thanks for your helpful answer.

Could you explain in detail of how can we set this restiriction on the object in designer ??

regards

~ravi

Edited by: ravindhar on Oct 21, 2011 3:08 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

It can also to restricted by MANAGE ACCESS RESTRICTION present in the editing bar.

where you can create new restriction ,which moves the Edit restriction where in objects you can include the sales organisation and area that can be accessed

And assign the user for the restriction. and

Apply the restriction the to the user .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Umamaheswari.

But i am very new to this tool.so could you explain under which tab of MANAGE RESTRICTIONS we can implement this.and also how to assign a group values of a object to an user.Like assigning sales regions Chennai and Bangalore to SalesRep_South and Ahmedbad and Mumbai to SalesRep_Central.

Thanks in advance.

`Ravindhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Umamaheswari.

But i am very new to this tool.so could you explain under which tab of MANAGE RESTRICTIONS we can implement this.and also explain how to assign a group values of a object to an user.Like assigning values Chennai and Bangalore of "Region" object to SalesRep_South and assigning values Ahmedbad and Mumbai of the same object to SalesRep_Central.

Thanks in advance.

`Ravindhar

Answers (0)