Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change System Alias for a GW Data Model

paul_abrahamson_sap
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you've defined a GW Data Model based on a Data source - RFC and system alias LOCAL, can you subsequently change the system alias to one of the connected backend SAP Business Suite systems?

Can the system alias be specified at runtime to point the ODATA request to a different system for the same GW Consumption Model?

-Paul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Yes you could change the RFC destination of a system alias in the configuration to point to a remote SAP Business Suite System. And each System Alias is associated with a software version of the SAP business suite system.

A service is generally configured with

A) User Roles

B) System Alias

From these two parameters software version of the SAP Business Suite System is determined and from that the appropriate Data Provider class for your service is invoked during runtime.

Regards

Chandan VA

Pysri
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear

former_member215851
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasrao Pydisetti,

You need to use the feature Muliti Origin Composition provided by SAP NW Gateway. You can get the information at

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw74/helpdata/en/bc/f72651c294256ee10000000a445394/content.htm

If you have more than one System aliases then you can use "mo" as in

http://<host name>:<port>/sap/opu/odata/iwfnd/RMTSAMPLEFLIGHT;mo/FlightCollection

To get the Flight Collection form all the systems.

if you want from a particular system use ?$filter=SAP__Origin eq 'System Alias Name' .as in    

http://<host name>:<port>/sap/opu/odata/iwfnd/RMTSAMPLEFLIGHT;mo/FlightCollection?$filter=SAP__Origin eq 'ALIAS'

This will give the data inly from the backend system "ALIAS".

I hope I have answered your question.

Thanks & Regards,

Mohan

Pysri
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Mohan... I think it will be helpful.. I will go through the approach you have mentioned and will get back to you if I face any problem..

Thanks alot.!!!

Pysri
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear

As you have mentioned,

A service is generally configured with

A) User Roles

B) System Alias...

Can you please let me know, where do we configure it and how would we get to know parameter software version...

Pysri
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello

I have gone through the link you have shared and found it is very much helpful.. But while consuming the service from the browser as mentioned in the link shared by you, I am getting an error.. Can you please let me know, how could I resolve it..

The error I am getting is "No Service found for namespace/IWFND/,name ZTEST_STOREROOM_SRV, version 0001"

Even I have gone through /IWFND/Error_log but couldn't resolve..

Please find the attached screen shot..

Pysri
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi ..

Can you please let me know the solution to the above mentioned query which has been posted little earlier..

Pysri
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello jitendra kansal...

I have gone through the link you have shared and found it is very much helpful.. But while consuming the service from the browser as mentioned in the link shared by you, I am getting an error.. Can you please let me know, how could I resolve it..

The error I am getting is "No Service found for namespace/IWFND/,name ZTEST_STOREROOM_SRV, version 0001"

Even I have gone through /IWFND/Error_log but couldn't resolve..

Can you please let me know, how to get this resolved.. For more information, please read above conversations...