cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

saposcol file is missing in EXE folder.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Title: saposcol file is missing in EXE folder.

We have upgraded oue system from CRM 5.0 to CRM 7.01. So, Basis version is 7.02 and Kernel Version is 720, Unicode, AIX.

Before Upgrade, there is a saposcol file available in EXE folder but the same is missing after the upgrade. Then, we thought, by doing Kernel Patch, we will get the saposcol file back in EXE folder.

We patched the Kernel with the following files:

SAPEXE_100-20005242.SAR

SAPEXEDB_100-20005243.SAR

Even then, there is no saposcol file available. Is it normal?

Other question is - We wonder how the system is up and running without saposcol. We can stop and start the system, no problems at all. How is this possible?

Regards,

Mohan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Saposcol is not in the 720 kernel anymore you need to download an install SAPHOSTAGENT

Read,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/48/c6f9627a004da5e10000000a421937/frameset.htm

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Juan,

Thanks for the quick reply.

What i dont understand is, during Upgrade i have given the Kernel DVD and so, i should atleast see a file starting with saphost*

under EXE folder, right? But i dont. Whats your explanation?

In the link given by you, where should i decompress the SAPHOSTAGENT.SAR file? In the EXE folder or in the /usr/sap/tmp folder?

For test purposes, i have decompressed the SAR file in a test folder and after decompressing i see again a saposcol file !!!

How come iam seeing a saposcol file again?

Regards,

Mohan.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the link given by you, where should i decompress the SAPHOSTAGENT.SAR file? In the EXE folder or in the /usr/sap/tmp folder?

in the /usr/sap/tmp directory

SAPHOSTAGENT.SAR contains saposcol

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, understood.

- SAPHOSTAGENT is only required for central monitoring purpose. So, it is not a MUST for a system, its optional.

- From Basis version 7.02 (that is Kernel 720), the system doesnt need saposcol at all.

Many thanks,

Mohan.