cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do I Install SAP Document CD and SAP Library

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I wanted to install SAP Library how do I do that, even I am having SAP Document CD which contains K-700AGINESMSRM.SAR file in INST \ DATA folder. How do I install that, so that I am able to view Documents. And for Library, how it has to be installed, because when I click on Help in GUI and then click on SAP Library, it shows "No documentation available". Please guide.

Thanks & Regards,

Prashant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for posting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A quick search on SDN shows that SAR is a type of archive, and you can extract it using the SAPCAR utility. Here are two forum topics that explain this, [example1|/thread/157666 [original link is broken];, [example 2|;; you can find more using the search form on SDN.

To obtain the SAPCAR utility, go to [http://service.sap.com/support] > Software Downloads > Support Packages and Patches > A - Z Index > S > SAPCAR, choose your release and OS, and download SAPCAR.

Hope this helps,

Rossen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, for your update but after exraction i got this output file CSR0120031469_0033969.PAT. Now the question is how can i open and use this file. And also I had one more query that I do not have any Library file installed in my SAP Server. When I click on SAP Library, I get error of No Documentation Available . So how would I load that. I would appreciate your help

Thanks & Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please consider that I am not an expert in installation of packages on SAP systems. You might consider asking your question in a forum for installation and maintenance of NetWeaver.

With this in mind, from what I see by searching SDN for "pat" and "install" it seems you could install the documentation (and other packages) using a transaction like SAPM or SAINT. You could find more information about how to use these transactions here:

[Importing Support Packages with Support Package Manager|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp2/helpdata/en/49/3e920f29002221e10000000a42189d/frameset.htm]

Hope this helps,

Rossen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help I had posted my query in Installation forums, hope i get the result

Thanks & Regards,

Prashant