cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intercompany sales in SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have a question to ask you about intercompany sales. This intercompany sales process has the following process.

A customer orders place an order from a sales org A. The sales org has a warehouse/production plant that will produce and deliver the goods. However, this delivery plant belongs to a different company code.

Example: Sales Org A  Company Code 1001; Delivery Plant B  company code 2001

The goods are produced / contained here and delivered from the production/warehouse plant directly to the customer. Finally, the sales org create a billing invoice to send the invoice to the External Customer, and the delivery plant will have to create a billing invoice to send the invoice to the Sales Org (i.e. Intercompany billing).

My question:

1 u2013 Is it standard SAP practice in intercompany sales scenario in which there is no PR and PO create to get the goods from the production/Delivery plant? (Reason I am asking this is because there is PR and PO generated for Third Party Dropship and Third Party Processing which involve external vendor to deliver the goods, i.e. with item category TAS and TAB)

2 u2013 What if I want the system to generate a PR and PO upon my sales order creation, is this possible?

Thanks

Tuff

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear tuffy

In standard intercompany scenario we don't trigger the purchase requisition automatically like in third party/individual purchase orders.

Purchase orders will be created for delivering plant from ordering sales organization.

If you want to trigger the automatic purchase requisition/ po you need to do the configuration for respective scheduline categories and item categories.

In scheduline categories you have to assign the documnet type "NB" then system automatically generates the purchase requisition. Through the PR purchase order will be also generated for this you need to activate the automatic purchase order for material master in procurement tab.In

In this regard consult your MM consultant for achieving this.

Please let me know if you have any further clarifications

Thanks&Regards

Raghu.k

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

2 u2013 What if I want the system to generate a PR and PO upon my sales order creation, is this possible?

for this-

S it is possible based on the requirement you can create PR and PO to create sales order-but there is always required to create PR/PO to procure from externally from other vendors.which is done by MM/SD .but in inter company there is no external vendor with in the group of companies the products are produced to the customer,here no involvement of MM.

1 u2013 Is it standard SAP practice in intercompany sales scenario in which there is no PR and PO create to get the goods from the production/Delivery plant? (Reason I am asking this is because there is PR and PO generated for Third Party Dropship and Third Party Processing which involve external vendor to deliver the goods, i.e. with item category TAS and TAB)

for this-

Exactlly there is no need to create PR/PO in intercompany sales

Thank you,