cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partial budget release Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Experts,

I believe that partial budget release is possible, but i am getting an error it says" Item WBS element NTD-0001060 budget exceeded

Message no. BP603"

it is not allowing me to do the partial release of budget.

in the budget profile followig have been maintained.

availibilty control-

act type 1, usage -0.00

overall -yes

releases -yes

object currency - yes

please advise that do i need to make any changes.

thanks

Prashant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Partial release is allowed and the error you are getting is not related to that. It is related to budget exceeded situation i.e. the assigned value on the project is greater than the released budget (or the old amount + the new amount you are trying to release). Kindy verify this situation via SAP reports (S_ALR_87013558 & S_ALR_87013560) and try releasing budget greater than the assigned value.

Regards,

Ammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Budget can be relesed partially. You may be trying to procure material/service for that WBS element whose released budget is less than the cost of that material/service. Hence that message. Please check.

Regards,

Murthy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murthy,

You are right. i have a senario like this.

project def,

superior wbs

1st level wbs

internal activity

Material of 100000- PR hasbeen generated.

Original budget is 100000, My client wants to release budget which is less that 100000. i.e 50000. hence above error. i am not understanding why system wont allow to relase of partial budget in this senario. because management can later release remaining partial budget...right?

If the cost of the budget is 1 lkh, and no management budget more than that. max they may budget 1lakh. In that i should have flexibility of releasing budget partially and remaining later.

i have mentioned my settings already. Please let me know whether i can do some config changes or so..

thank you.

prashant

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Material of 100000- PR hasbeen generated.

>

> Original budget is 100000, My client wants to release budget which is less that 100000. i.e 50000. hence above error. i am not understanding why system wont allow to relase of partial budget in this senario. because management can later release remaining partial budget...right?

System is very well allowing to release partial budget, where as you miss understood the concept of partial budget. Budget availability check always compare assigned value against released budget. In your case assigned value is more than budget value.

If you want to do partial procurement then plan the material on two activities and set the system such a way that PR should be generated on releasing of activity. and release only the first activity so that your PR will generate only for that amount.