cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workbench Templates for UDO's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I have an UDO that appears in the top level navigation menu (i.e next to Project Management and Contract Management) with a context menu so I can create bizdoc1 and run the 'All Bizdoc1' and 'My Bizdoc1' reports etc, but it has no workbench home page associated with it.

I have tried to address this by creating a new Workbench template but I dont know how to link it to the UDO - it appears on the main navigation bar as an ordinary workbench page. This is a Version 7 system at patch 9.

My question is, is it possible to associate a workbench template with the UDO and if so how? Is there a specific External Id that has to be used? Does it have to be done using the enterprise user?

If I really want to push my luck and have a second UDO setup in the same way, is this possible?

...and if anyone knows of any documentation for UDO's that would be just perfect!

Many thanks!

Stuart

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Baski - hi!

I never did get to the bottom of this. There are no existing templates in the system for UDO's so I'm not sure how I would go about finding and duplicating one with the external Id you suggested.

I tried defining one from scratch with the external Id you suggested (and some variations on this name) but without success - they never appeared when you click on the UDO entry in the main navigation bar, it just shows the default workbench page, so I guess I have missed the point somewhere!

Since my original post I have seen a couple more systems with UDO's but none with a custom UDO workbench page, so I am still wondering if this is in fact possible?

Best regards,

Stuart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try finding the workbench page wiht external id: "workbench.top_menu.userdefined", duplicate it and guess you can use this a page as a starting point. Please check,

Thanks,

Baski