cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Sales Order Creation from PO in B1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have this scenario. Purchase order is created in SAP B1 (Business One) which triggers automatic Sales Order creation in SAP ECC 6.0.

The requirement:

For the combination of PO number and Sold to party there should be only one sales order created.

The problem:

Sometimes for the same PO duplicate Sales orders(sometimes 3,4) are getting created in ECC.

Possible causes:

Probably no validations in the interface.

Question:

1. First of all, is it an SD issue or PI (process integration) issue.

2. If it is an SD issue, as a functional consultant what / where can we do to prevent this.

Thanks.

Edited by: SAP SD_Newbie on Oct 20, 2011 6:59 PM

Edited by: SAP SD_Newbie on Oct 20, 2011 6:59 PM

How do I move this to "ERP - Sales and Distribution (SD) General", because this question is not just related to "ERP SD Sales" but SD in general. Isn't there an option for the users to a question from one forum to another.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. First of all, is it an SD issue or PI (process integration) issue.

- May be PI, or SD or both. I am not sure about the integration mechanism/program so I am not able to pinpoint.

2. If it is an SD issue, as a functional consultant what / where can we do to prevent this.

In t.code VOV8, go to the sales document type. Select value A in the field, check Purchase order Number. Then go to t.code OVAH, there make the message number V4 115 as error message. This will not allow the creation of the sales order, if the Purchase order number duplicates. I assume in your process, the purchase order number is populated in the PO number field of the sales order overview screen.

Regards,

Answers (0)