cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scorecards - Metrics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

has anyone ever used scorecards? Is there any information because I cannot seem to find anything.

I know that the basic idea is to set some questions which can be responded to. Based on the response, a score will be given.

However, what does 'Metric Entry' exactly do? Cannot seem to find any good information on this feature. Also, is it possible to create 'True / false' questions? When you enter TRUE, the score will be set to maximum and visa versa?

Any response will he helpfull.

Bram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Scorecards are used for providing visibility to supplier performance and provide consistency in measuring supplier performance

Metric is basically the lowest level of scorecards. Think of it as Clauses - Clauses roll upto into Sections and Templates. Similarly, Metrics roll up into Sections and Sections roll up into Scorecards. Metrics are established as part of a library and can be used in multiple scorecards as needed.

Metric entry enables you to calculate supplier scores using standard metrics and raw data.

Metrics are of 4 types - Boolean, Decimal, Text and Integer. It is definitely possible to create True - False questions.

While initially this may not seem a very intuitive feature, it is quire helpful in capturing Supplier related information and their responses. You can also define dates as well as to when Supplier response is expected and accordingly system provides ratings.

You should refer to the old Frictionless guides which had detailed information about the whole Performance module. The only caveat is that some of this may have become slighly outdated with the advent of Version 7.

Hope this helps,

Vikram Shukla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

this was very helpful.

Still one question: I played around with it and I created a boolean metric. When I now add this metric, there is no boolean type available. I can only give a score (0 - 100). Why is this metric of type boolean?

Bram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is what you need to do:

1. Create a Metric of type Boolean. You can use the standard one available as well. Consider this as an example, that when the Supplier answers the question = Green, he gets a rating of 10. If he answers Red, he gets a rating zero. So in the Conversion Rules tab, dd Raw metric with the value as Red and give it a Final score = 0. Similarly add the Raw metric as Green and give that a final score of 10.

2. Next, goto Performance --> Scorecard definition and then click on Create. Fill out the fields on header tab and choose the appropriate Product Category, External Category and Geographies. Goto the Section tab and create a section. Within the section, goto the Metrics tab and click on the Add Standard Metric button. Choose the metric that you created earlier in Step 1. Do remember to check the Share with Supplier checkbox.

3. Then goto Metric entry and choose the Supplier with whom you want to associate the metric created above. Give a raw metric value as Green and assign dates as applicable.

When you login as the Supplier you will notice that supplier gets 2 options to respond - Red or Green. Based on what he responds the system will provide ratings.

Hope this helps.

Vikram Shukla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, this worked!

Answers (0)