cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Work process table is not showing in MMC

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

My ABAP ystem is working fine but in MMC ABAP work process table is not showing.

After rebooting the server in MMC console SID is not appaeraing i have to add the entries eevry time after rebooting.

Please help me any one.

Thanks

Nekkalapu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should deregister the sapstartsap service and register again.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you please explain me the procedure how to register and deregister.

Thanks

Nekkalapu

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP Note 82751 will explain you, please check.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have checked the note :

Use the SAP tool NTSCMGR. EXE to call up the status of an SAP service and to uninstall or install SAP services. Note with service new installations that, before starting, you must assign a corresponding SAP user for the service with whom the service is started ('Control Panel -> Services -> Startup -> Log on As This Account -> <SID>ADM or SAPService<SID>').

a) Status query:

ntscmgr.exe query <service_name>

b) Removing a service:

ntscmgr.exe remove <service_name>

is that the right way or any other way .

Please suggest my system alaready in running state can we do this things while system up or downtime required.

Is their any impact on exsiting system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Do it using sapstartsrv.exe

Type it on cmd prompt and check help for the options, For e.g. sapstartsrv.exe -t

After re-registering the services, try MMC configuration -

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/49/0eb43799b4740ee10000000a421937/content.htm

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

Already my system is up and working fine ,is their any downtime required for registering services.

Otherwise can i apply direct is thei any impact on system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Already my system is up and working fine ,is their any downtime required for registering services.

Yes, downtime is needed, until you re-register the services successfully. Stop SAP before you de-register the services. It may take appx 10-30 minutes.

Thanks