cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HCM in ECC 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

We are having 4.7 system where HR,Finance is running.Our Client needs the functionlity of ECC 6.0 for HCM module.Currently there are interested to implement ECC where they will be using only HR module & the finace will be there in the existing 4.7 system.Will it be possible to use SAP HCM in ECC with Finance in 4.7 system??If it works how to do that?Is it through SAP PI?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The best solution would have been to upgrade the 4.7 system to ECC6 and to use Finance and HCM in the same system.

R/3 4.7 will soon be obsolete... So the ECC6 upgrade will anyway be needed soon.

If you absolutely need 2 systems , yes you can connect ECC6 HCM to R/3 4.7 through ALE/idocs. It is especially needed if you will do the payroll on the HCM system.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Oliver for the update.

Payroll will be done on the HCM system.How to connect ECC6 HCM to R/3 4.7 through ALE/idocs??Whether we require PI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

You can use PI but it is not mandatory. In my opinion it would just add an uncessary level of complexity.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oliver my client now proposing for Technical upgrade from 4.7 to ECC 6.0...

But they will be using Finance in 4.7 still & use ECC 6.0 only for HR/Payroll..

Can the Data Cleansing (removal of Finance data copied from source 4.7 system as part of upgrade) be possible??

Integration between SAP ECC6 & 4.7 systems will be done via PI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any update from SAP Gurus..

In short we need to remove the HR data from 4.7 & migrate it to ECC6.0..Can this be done by SLO?

Edited by: Joydeep Gupta on Dec 13, 2011 12:35 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have got my answer from other SAP sites..So closing the thread.