Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsettled amount report or a WBS Element

former_member630135
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

While I understand that we can see the actual cost line items in CJI3 but do you know whic report can show me only the Unsettled costs for a project ?

CJI3 treats settlement as a negative actual cost and it clubs it in the same report.

I will explain further, if I have spent 100USD on a WBS element and 25 has been settled to an Asset, 30 to a Cost Center and 10 to a G/L, which report can just show me the balance amount of 35USD against this WBS element.

Is there any filter option I can use in CJI3 itself on Ref. Tran etc. ??

Appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Regards,

Manish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I usually use PS financial report by cost element to get that information.

One example is report S_ALR_87013543 - Actual/Plan/Variance Absolute/Variance %

The total of all cost element will show the total unsettled amount

It is even better if the project is settled using settlement cost element so the report will shows the actual cost and how much of that cost have been settled

former_member630135
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for your quick response.My query is resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure whether there is any report that identifies by itself; out of the total cost how much is settled and shows you just the remaining amount. As for applying filters based on transaction type; they might just hide the settlement amount and not the parent cost so eventually you will see the total actual cost. You can follow the method mentioned by Ammar for CJI3 or you will have to develop one which does this for you.

Regards

Sreekanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Yes it is possible to view unsettled project cost in CJI3. The standard layout of CJI3 (without any filters) displays all line items including the settlement ones. This is shown as a negative amount which is deducted from the overall amount. Therefore the final total figure that you see in CJI3 is the amount that is unsettled.

Please note that if the whole amount has been settled then CJI3 would show a value of zero (when no filters are applied).

Regards,

Ammar

Edited by: Ammar Zaheer Syed on Oct 20, 2011 3:19 PM