cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMP:Forecast Consumption/Netting by incoming Sales orders in SNP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I need your help to understand the logic of Forecast netting by Sales orders in SNP. I can see the details in /SAPAPO/RRP3 but getting puzzled for soem SKUs. We don't have any PP/DS and GATP implemented.

Below are the details and question based on that:

I am releasing my forecast monthly and Sales orders as usual are coming from ECC and netting happens. Then next month again i have my forecast release then will the existing Sales orders will consume my this month's forecast (we are following backward/ foreward consumption type with 35 days back and 1 day forward, so as per the time period, SO can consume Forecast). I am a bit confused because pegging relationship is created between the demand and supply element and so new forecast shouldn't be consumed by the existing Sales orders. Am i correct here?

Secondly, could somebody explain the difference between the 'Overview and detail' tab under the Forecast tab in /SAPAPO/RRP3. Sometimes i see some data under the 'Withdrawal Qty' column in Detail view of Forecast tab. Could somebody explain when it is populated.

Regards

Bishwajit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member453166
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think your first question is regarding the pegging relationships used for forecasting. Even when you release a new forecast, the system remembers the forecast relationship. So, pegging occurs but in the sense that it pegs to forecast - in general - not to one specific forecast order in the system. If you desire to "reset" these relationships, then you need to run the program for reorganization of independent requirements (/SAPAPO/MD74).

Your second question relates to the existence of a withdrawal quantity and differences between the overview and details in /SAPAPO/RRP3. The withdrawal quantity represents the amount of forecast that has been "reduced" from the forecast (corresponding to actual shipments that have been PGI'd against deliveries). Forecast consumption occurs when SO's and Deliveries are created and saved and reduction occurs when they are PGI'd. Withdrawal quantity corresponds to the reduction...

Hope this helps!

Chris