cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program id in RFC sender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please confirm if the same program id can be used in different RFC sender channels?

Thanks and Regards

Suma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

"To identify a XI RfcAdapter sender channel within the SAP Gateway it is important that its Program ID is unique within this Gateway.So try to avoid using common phrases as Program ID like 'rfcadapter' or 'rfcToXmb'.

Ref-

Regards,

Manjusha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suma,

U can use program ID in different RFC sender channels,

but when u trig more than one RFC the network traffic between R3 to XI would be more.So better to use seperate Program ID for each RFC communication channel .

regards,

Sankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suma ,

You can use Single RFC Destination(i.e.,Program ID) in multiple Sender RFC Communication channels.

check the below link .

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>Please confirm if the same program id can be used in different RFC sender channels?

You need a separate TCP IP Connection for every interface with a Unique program ID.

refer this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Baskar...Please let me know the reason why we cant use the same Program ID for different Interfaces.

Hello Everyone,

I cant use the existing RFC Sender channel as the RFC metadata repository in sender channel is pointing to XI server details instead of R/3.

When I tried to use same channel am getting below error.

"Error in processing caused by: com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (123) JCO_ERROR_FUNCTION_NOT_FOUND: JCO.Server could not find server function <<RFC Name>>

I guess the RFC metadata repository should point to system where RFC resides..Please confirm.

Thanks and Regards

Suma S

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Per Bhavesh reply, Program ID is tied to a RFC channel. if you could use the same channel for multiple interfaces then you can use the same program ID for multiple interfaces. IF you dont have feasibiity to use same channel for multiple interfaces then you have to create program id for each channel and respectively for the interfaces.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with Baskar.

If you don't want to use same channel for multiple interfaces then you need to create one program id for each channel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply..

But I would like to know

1. What could be the impact if I use the same program id in 2 rfc sender channel for 2 different scenarios

2. "Error in processing caused by: com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (123) JCO_ERROR_FUNCTION_NOT_FOUND: JCO.Server could not find server function <<RFC Name>>. RFC metadata repository parameters are pointing to XI server and RFC resides in R/3. Is it because of this am getting above error. Please confirm

Regards

Suma

Former Member
0 Kudos

For JCO_ERROR_FUNCTION_NOT_FOUND exception, check this help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/f6/daea401675752ae10000000a155106/frameset.htm

A function interface or one of the data structures could not completely be retrieved from the repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

What could be the impact or result if I use the same program id in 2 rfc sender channel for 2 different scenarios

Thanks and Regards

Suma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please let me know what is the impact or result if I use the same program id in 2 rfc sender channel for 2 different scenarios

Thanks and Regards

Suma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please let me know what is the impact or result if I use the same program id in 2 rfc sender channel for 2 different scenarios

>

> Thanks and Regards

> Suma

Program ID of the registered server program. The selected program ID must uniquely describe the RFC sender channel in the configured gateway (Application Server (Gateway) and Application Server Service (Gateway) parameters).

Quoting from sAP help docs

So, the impact of using the same program id wll lead to havoc

Regards

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, is possible.

The same program ID can be re-used for every RFC call that you want to do between SAP and XI / PI.

You can re-use the RFC destination for every RFC you want to invoke on SAP XI, there's no need to create unique program IDs per RFC.