cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message no. CO130

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

hope someone can explain to me, where the item category could be maintain as default value for material number..

tnx and regards..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I the material master for a given material number, you can maintain the item category group (under sales view) and NOT the item category. System willl determine the item category during the sales document creation from the item category determination table based on the Sales document type + Item Category Group + Usage +Higher Level Item Category.

You can see lot of threads for item category determination. Suggest you to search in the forum before you post a thread.

Regards,

Raghav

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mark1303

I appreciate your efforts to know about the concept and resolve you problem.

creation of sales document-vov8

creation item categories-vov7

creation of scheduline categories-vov6

Assigning sales orders to sales area-ovaz

item category determination-vov4

scheduline category determination-vov5

Assigning material type to item category grp-vova

You please search the www.help.sap.com to know more about that and search in the forums regarding the your issue.

Let me know if you have any further clarifications

Thanks&Regards

Raghu.k

Former Member
0 Kudos

tnx guys for all the help. it is very well appreciated on my part..

god bless..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mark1303

Item category says whether it is a standard item or free item, text item, value item and so on...

we don't maintain the item category to material master ,in material master item category group will be assigned automatically from the material type.

Default item category group will be assigned to material type in the t-code (VOVA)

As above threads mentioned item category will be determined in the sales order by taking 4 factors in to consideration

sales doc type +item category group +usage +higher level of item category= item category in (vov4) t. code.

In sales document you can change the default item category, With another item category.

Please let me know if you have any further clarifications

Thanks&Regards

Raghu.k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tnx ragvendra..

if it is not too much from u .. can u give what are the tcodes that will help me in determining ur suggestion ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mark,

Go to MM02 give your material no selct sales org 2 view there you can find Item category group which default NORM,

T.code VOV7 here you can create your own item category.

then come to T.code VOV4 give your

sales document type Ex: OR

Item category group : NORM

Usage : let it be blank

H.lvl item category : this one also leave blank

then give item category which you want to give for EX: TAN standard.

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mark1303,

Item category determination:- Sales document type + Item category group + Usege + Higher level item category

Defination T.code VOV4

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tnx guys for quick response,

sadly Im not very particular in turn around at SD, i would be very glad if u can give the step on how to do the suggestion youve recently told..