cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message number 999999 reached log is full

0 Kudos

While attempting to release some product blocks by selecting the "refresh" icon, but when doing so, I received a message that said "Message number 999999 reached. Log is full" and the orders would not release.

Please let me know how to get away with the error.

Thanks & Regards

Amit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Check Transaction SLGN for the Number Range interval. If you've only got 6 digits, then you will certainly have a problem. Up to 20 digits is possible, so please consider changing the interval.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Dave

0 Kudos

Thanks for prompt reply .I checked SLGN the to number is 99999999999999999999 so think that cannot be the issue.

Any suggestion please...

Amit

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Ok, but when you look in SLGN, what is showing as the "current number"? Have you exhaused the number range?

Regards,

Dave

0 Kudos

No the number is not exhausted .... have you used t code SLG2 for clearing log.... will this help in this issue.

Thanks

Amit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

annmarie_cahill
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

If this is occuring in the blocked documents report, the following information may be helpful to you:

To avoid an overflowing application log you should check the control profile for logging. Process the following steps:

1.) Determine the relevant profile

Go to document type definition in SAP GTS Customizing and check which control profile for logging has been assigned to the

relevant document type.

Path: SAP GTS Customizing > SAP Compliance Management > General Settings > Document Structure > Define Document

Types

Take values in frame Log Control.

2.) Setup of control profiles

Check the definition if control profiles. In field Log Backup you have two choices:

- Save current log and delete old log

- Save current log and retain old log.

Hope this helps

Kind Regards

Ann Marie

0 Kudos

Thanks Ann for your help in resolving the issue

Edited by: amitverma_25 on Oct 28, 2011 8:20 AM