cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pgi via vl02n

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Why we do PGI in vl02n why not in vl01n what is the difference.

Regards

Supriya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no specific reason, it is only about operational requirements, where a delivery can be created by one user and after completeion of loading another user can complete the PGI. PGI has accounting entries since there needs to be some control.

OR

when there is a shipment dcoument to be created then PGI is done automatically by the system.

SAP has given provision to do PGI both in Vl01n and Vl02n, based on the requirements, we can use any of the T.Codes.

Hope this clarifies .

Regards,

Sharan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all got the answer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear supriyaparimal0...

We can do PGI in vl01n and vl02n transaction codes.

The main significance to do the PGI in VL02N is authorizations.

For example in one business only end users will create the deliveries and one manager will monitor those deliveries and do the PGIin VL02N.

We only give authorization VL01N for end users and VL01N and VL02N for managers(core/key users) .

Please let me know if you have any further clarifications

Thanks&Regards

Raghu.k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Supriya,

You can do PGI in VL01n also. If the delivery is already created and saved earlier, then you can go in VL02n and do the PGI. There is no difference.

Regards,

Raghav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raghav,

Thanks for prompt reply this i know that i can do post goods issue from vl01n too,but any specific reasons to do PGI in vl02n what is the significance of vl02n.

Regards

Supriya

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

i can give the better example for do PGI in VL02N

Suppose if you take example of Cash Sales and Rush Order

At the time of Sale order when you save system will generate automatically Delivery Number but PGI don't happened that is the case you need to go VL02N and do the PGI

And also if you take Credit Management you can control the in PGI level that is the Delivery can save but PGI wont happened that is the case you need to release the delivery document and go to VL02N and do the PGI

I hope you understand

Regards,

Prasanna

Edited by: prasanna_sap on Oct 20, 2011 11:32 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Supriya,

Vl01N is at user level where the user enter in to delivery and pick the goods and all,VL02N will be at some authorized person,where the person throughly check the delivery if everything is ok he will do the PGI.

Becoz PGI impacts many ways it will reduce the inventory and generate accounting entry so the authorized person only should do that.

thats why the VL02N is given to some authorized person Ex:Manager or Asst manager levl.

Regards

Ram