cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the use of customer controller?

Former Member
0 Kudos

So far as I searched in the customer controller, I see no difference between component controller and customer controller.

what is the customer controller come out for?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hI

One more thing: each time you save your work the IDE compiles your entire code . Now , as your application gets bigger and bigger,

the compiler needs more and more time to get the job done. What I would advise is to "append" a custom controller to each view you

create, provided of course, you know in advance that this view is going to be quite crowded and may need many methods or

RFC calls to support it.

In addition, you may want to create a custom controller if you have many popup windows you need to communicate with.

I hope it helps you.

kind regards

yuval peery

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you guys.

I think i'm much more clear about it now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Custom Controller are same as Component controller.It is also a Global controller.

Component Controller is instatiated when the Application loads , but the custom controller instantiation is done when ever we call a method in the Custom Controller. So looking at the performance point , if you have many methods to share among different views rather declaring in the component controller better declare them in custom controller..

Thanks,

Naga

ChandraMahajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1st it is Custom Controller and not Cusotmer Controller.

As per SAP Help,

It makes sense to create and maintain a custom controller if a certain subset of views of a component should be equipped with a special function or with a special set of data.

also refer,

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/WDABAP/Introductiontocontrollers

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/b9/b82c4142aef623e10000000a155106/content.htm

Thanks,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks.

So it means that in a wd4a component there may have lots of functionalities. If I find a function and its related data is distinct from others, I can encapsulate it into a custom controller. It makes the program clear and robust.

Is this the custom controller come out for?

ChandraMahajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you are correct.

Custom controllers are a kind of additional global controllers to capsulate sub function from the component controller u2013 typically to structure bigger components

Thanks,

Chandra