cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-mail trigger delay - Time Zone (CET) ahead of System Time (UTC)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have developed a Z program which triggers e-mail whenever the critical System / Interface user id gets locked in the SAP Netweaver System. However, the e-mail is generated by the program in the Time Zone which is in CET and sits in t-code SOST and is sent to our mailbox in System Time which is in UTC (GMT) which is currently 2 hours behind. Hence, there is a delay of 2 hours for generated e-mail alert to be sent to our mail box. Is there any process to avoid this delay?

In the test system manually we can reduce the wait time by 2 hours in t-code SOST and then the mail gets triggered immediately. But can this be achieved programmatically so that the time in which e-mail gets generated always displays the system time in t-code SOST. Or, is there is a configuration where the e-mail is sent to our mail box from t-code SOST in Time Zone (CET) itself and not wait till the displayed time reaches System Time (UTC).

Thank you very much for your earliest response.

Regards,

SANJEEV KUMAR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I remember this happening to me and then checking I find out that the timezone in client 000 (Transaction STZAC) where the alerts were triggered was different than the time zone of the productive client

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

In t-code STZAC both System Time and Useru2019s Default Time Zone is same (CET).

However, when I see in the menu System->Status I find the System Time is displayed in UTC, while Time Zone is in CET.

In other clients where system time is displayed in CET, there is no problem. The e-mail spool from SOST which displays CET time is actually triggered in the System Time. In case the System Time is CET, mail is triggered immediately. In case System Time is UTC, it waits UTC time to reach the displayed CET time, which is currently of 2 hours gap.

Is it possible to change the system time of the problematic client to CET to solve this problem. Please let me know what configuration can be done for this.

Regards,

SANJEEV KUMAR

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It should represent no problem, you can change the System Time in your QA system first to check though.

Regards

Juan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our SAP Netweaver Server runs in UTC time zone, as can be seen in the menu System->Status. However the e-mail which gets triggered is displayed in the spool (t-code SOST) in CET time. Hence the spool waits for UTC time to become CET to send the e-mail to our mailbox, which is currently 2 hours delay.

Regards,

Sanjeev Kumar

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In that case the solution will be to use parameter TIME_ZONE in the config of CCMS_OnAlert_Email

Read, SAP Note 511697 - Time zone specification in alert mail

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In development client for test purpose I used t-code STZAC to change the system time zone and Useru2019s default time zone. But found that only Time zone got changed, the System Time remains the same, as displayed in the menu System->Status.

Any idea how can the system time be changed?

Is displayed System Time the server time and can this be changed through any configuration?

Regards,

Sanjeev Kumar

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you check the time zone of the server running SAP?

Regards

Juan