cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reason for Rejection for blocking line item for delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on this project where based on earlier configuration, by selection reason for rejection, delivery for line item is getting blocked.

I want to change this settings because reason for rejection should not be controlling the blockage it should be merely be the reason. Delivery should be blocked if it is blocked by selecting delivery block field in schedule line for the line item.

How can I change the settings for the reason for rejection?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since it is a standard settings in SAP. The information given was helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear ankit.k.agarwal

If you assign a reason for rejection system will block the particular sales order and that sales order shouldn't be used any longer.

This is the standard SAP behavior and the program was written like that.

Still if you want to do , you have to go for an enhancement to change the standard program(It is not suggestible)

In stead you add a new field in sales order(field exit) and convince your key/core users to maintain the reason for rejection in that field .

Co ordinate with your technical team

Thanks&Regards

Raghu.k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ankit,

The difference between reason for rejection and delivery block is,

Reason for rejection you can find this field at header level and line item level, the use of this is once you mention any reason for rejection the TOR or Schedule line not been confirmed for that material,so that the material can be confirmed to another customer.

If you set delivery block the material for sale order in case if the material not available it will rise TOR or if available it will confirm the schedule line and block the material for that customer or sale order.

This is the major difference between two.

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

But don't u think the field "reason for rejection" should just act as reason and should not control the blocking behavior.

Can you tell me where can i control these settings for the field "reason for rejection"

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can control settings for Reason for Rehection here:

IMG - Sales and Distribution - Sales - Sales Documents - Sales Document Item - Define Reasons For Rejection

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

SPRO - Sales and distribution - sales - sales documents - Sales Document Header - Define Order Reasons

same as Sales Document Item - Define Reasons For Rejection

if you want blocking reason

SPRO - Sales and distribution - sales - sales documents - Define And Assign Reason For Blocking

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have checked those settings but none of them state any thing with regards to blocking the delivery.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramakrishnan,

I have checked settings for reason for Rejection.. But it only has 3 fields and none of them states delivery blocking

Settings at

SPRO --> Sales and Distribution --> Sales --> Sales Document Item --> Define reasons for rejection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go with this path

SPRO - Sales and distribution - sales - sales documents - Define And Assign Reason For Blocking

Here any reason you mention in sale order it will block the delivery.

Check and revert

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to put delivery block at line item level double click on line item select the Schedule line tab there at line item you can find delivery block,select this it will block the delivery for the particular item.

Control for this is

SPRO - Sales and Distribution - Basic Functions - Availability Check and Transfer of Requirements - Transfer of Requirements - Block Quantity Confirmation In Delivery Blocks

or

SPRO - Logistics Execution - Shipping - Deliveries - Define Reasons for Blocking in Shipping

Check and revert

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

My issue is with reason for rejection. Why is it able to control delivery blockage. Where are the settings for it. I am trying to check it in copy controls VTLA as well.. But could not find it

Also like u mentioned in previous reply, how can i use reason for blocking.

Where can i use it in the line item of the sales order. I could not find any field for it.