cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I install SAP R3 & Enterprise portal on the same Machine?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

<b>Can I install SAP R3 where at present SAP Enterprise portal 6.0 SP9 (WEB as Java 6.40 ) already runinng?</b>.Asper my knowledge before installing R3 i have to uninstall the EP and install the R3 and Add on java to that..is it the right way to do? and what are the H/w and S/w requirements to install the both (SAP R3& EP) on the same host .My present H/W as follows 4 GB RAM + 146 GB HDD +windows 2003 server .Please tell me the correct H/w +s.w requirements and the procedure how to do it?

Note: This is for Development (Practise) purpose only not for any production.

Thanks

Sreedhar G

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you are installing non ides version then 146 gb is enough

for R/3 and EP , you do not need to uninstall EP to install

R/3 ,hardware for your system is fine for a few users to run at the same time ,use only one server node and assign 1024 as max heap memory for was java . make sure the system names and system numbers are differrent

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont see any problem by installing EP and R/3 on the same host.If you mean R/3 as synonym to Netweaver,then you can install ABAP Stack first and if needed you can install JAVA stack.For EP you only need JAVA stack.

Which version of R/3 you are referring?

Why you think you have to uninstall EP before installing R/3?

If you are installing IDES version of R/3 it needs around 80GB and for EP you need around 45GB,more over you need to dump the SW in ur machine for installtion ,that will be around 15GB,so i think your HDD is not enough.4GB RAM is OK.