cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDG in ECC6.0 ENPH5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are now studying MDG in ECC6.0 EHP5 to review if this new feature can meet our business user requirement.

We have installed SAP Business Suite Foundation in SAP/R3 and activated the business functions MDG_FOUNDATION, MD_MATERIAL. We can find there are configuration functions in IMG and data replication functions (Cross-Application Components-> Processes and Tools for Enterprise Applications->Master Data Governance->Data Replication->Define Filter Criteria).

However, we cannot find any general user functions (such as creating change requests) mentioned in Section u201CWorking with Master Data Governanceu201D of http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_05/helpdata/en/7c/a94fabb8274d738d994c2bc1c4cf7a/frameset.htm . As per the documentation, the mentioned functions are Web Dynpro application (e.g. USMD_CREQUEST_CREATE).

Please advice if we need to install other software components or do some configuration so that we access those general user functions to proceed the evaluation exercise.

Regards,

Dennis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The webdynpro application USMD_CREQUEST_CREATE is the generic application to create change request for your data models.

I suppose you have activated all business functions etc.

For a quick start you can assign role SAP_MDGM to your user and start running transaction NWBC. Select your SAP_MDGM in the open brower and you should be able to see all related functions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP noob ,

Your suggestion solved my problem. Thankyou very much.

I would like to know more details. I have tried but can't find relevant documentation for your mentioned solution. Can you share me the SAP documentation link, if any.

Regards,

Dennis

Answers (0)