cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not reflecting structure in the Business Blueprint Structure.

masato_morito
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI Everyone.

I would like to ask a question about T-CD SOLAR01 in SolMan to you.

I added the structure under the Business Blueprint Structure in the Template project by SOLAR01

However, I can't find the added structure in other project shared that Template.

I want to know how to reflect my change(add the structure) in the template to other project automatically.

I'm not familiar with SolMan. Could you give me a clue or advice to me?

Thank you for your kind help in advance.

Best regards

Masato

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masato,

When you change a template you should use the compare and adjust functionality to update the project that has the assigned template.

You can find instructions and a demo with the following link: https://websmp104.sap-ag.de/solutionmanager and then navigating to Application Life Cycle Management -> Solution Documentation and Implementation -> Template Management.

Hope this helps,

Rich Labib

masato_morito
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Richard

Thank you for your answer.

Let me elaborate on the problem situation.

Now I created a new folder at the Structure tab in Business Scenarios under the template project.

However, in the Implementation project sourced by the template above, I can't check the new folder in the Business Scenarios that I created at the template project.

In my understanding, that change is reflected automatically when I change the template.

So please tell me how to reflect it.

Best regards

Masato

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masato,

No the change is not automatically reflected. When you change the template the underlying implementation project is not updated automatically and this makes sense because you need to be in control of what the implementation project is delivering into production.

To have a controlled process I would always used the compare and adjust functionality because I can then be selective about what changes are implemented in the project and when they are implemented. For example if I am deploying version 1 of a template and I have just finished UAT I do not want all my project structure to be aligned to template version 2 automatically, I would want to decide when and how version 2 was implemented.

You can see the help document with this link: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm71_sp01/helpdata/en/45/51fbdbd4941803e10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

Good luck,

Rich Labib

masato_morito
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Richard

Thank you for your useful advice.

I can reflect some change at the template project into the underlying implementation project.

Best regards

Masato