cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to read parameter object

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Running Crystal Reports 2011 (non enterprise) and Crystal Server 2011.

Just installed Crystal Server 2011 today, I have previously used Crystal Reports Server 2008 and didn't think I would run into any issues.

However, I have created several reports in Crystal Reports 2011 and saved them, I then attempt to directly load them in either through the BOE BI Launch Pad (Adding New Local Document) I have also done the same thing directly in the CMC (Personal Folder > New > Local Document).

I have ONE Parameter that uses a Dynamic List of Values (LOV I think most people refer to them as). If I remove the Dynamic List and have it prompt the screen it will import the report I want.

All software is up 2 date.

The error I get is as follows:

An error has occurred: Adding Crystal Report "Report Name Here.rpt" failed. The server with kind rptappserver returned an error result. Failed to copy the report file to the report object. Refreshing the report object properties might have failed. Failed to read data from report file C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\Data\CrystalReportsRasServer\temp\{83B7C273-A4F0-4CA2-AC65-C1E33E4E9927}.rpt. Reason: Failed to read parameter object

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is usually a rights issue in the Business View Manager.

Remote into the BOE server and start Business View Manager. Select View > Repository Explorer and then right click on the server name that is on the top of the tree and select Edit Right.

The Administrators group Everyone group would be shown by default. Select the icon to add the user and add the user to this list. Note: You need to add the user who is not able to save the report to BOE.

Explicitely assign View, Edit, Set Security (and there is one more that I don't remember) rights to this user.

Try saving the report again.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am logged in as Administrator does that matter. Also , I don't have Business View Manager installed I don't think?

Edited by: rsheppick on Oct 20, 2011 12:31 AM

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you try saving the report from the Crystal Reports designer directly?

Also, Business View Manager is usually installed along with the Server. Look for it in the Crystal Reports Server tools under start > Crystal Reports Server 2011.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've tried but cannot get it to work either no idea why!

I installed the full 2011 crystal server package. Tomcat and default subversion. I don't see anything named that in the start menu.

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you also download the client tools and install it on the local machine or on the server? Business View Manager is a part of the client tools.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

okay i am logged in as administrator anyway but administrator does have all the rights you speak about.