cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Functionality to copy SO working in quality but not in Production system -

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Friends

I have created a ztcode which uses bapi BAPI_SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT2 to create copies of a manually created sales order

this function was working perfectly fine as till now we only had one line item per sales order

last week we added a material which has 2 BOM items (both non stock)

We passed only the parent item into the bapi so the orders created thru the bapi had only the parent item and the child items exploded on to the order because of the BOM config already in place.

This works perfectly fine in Quality systems but failed in production

Both the systems are identical in nature in all respects visa vis transports config and system patch as well.

The BOM is maintained in CS01

both the child items are marked as Relevant for sales and BOM usage is marked as 5

I am failing to understand why it doesnt work in production

And as we have used std bapi my tech consultant has been debugging without any sucess as well

Would appreciate any thoughts on how to find a lead in solving this mystery.

Regards

Supreet Upadhyay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check all the transport requests are moved from quality system to production system properly. If not reimport. Also check material master settings (for example item category group assignment in the sales view2).

Also check whether this link is of any help to you

Regards,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Shiva

Thanks for the answer ,we have reimported all the relevant transports thrice but in vain

Also the config is in place,I forgot to mention earlier that the manual order that we create which is used as a reference to create copy orders explodes the child items

So config doesnt seem to be an issue here.

The code should also be ok coz it works in quality

so we think somehow it has to do with the production system

we are clueless in what direction should we investigate

Supreet