cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to edit WebDynpro source code after import from NWDI Track

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

I am facing an odd issue when trying to modify the source code in a web dynpro that is in a Track.

This is what happens:

I create the project from Inactive DCs

I double click in the component controller (for example) and try to enter a line of code

A pop ups appears saying that in order to modify the file I have to check it out and to create an activity

The window to create a new activity appears, and I create the new activity

I am informed that the file to be edited will be included in the activity

--- Until now everything is normal ---

A try again to type something inside the source code.. and NOTHING happens, is as if my keyboard was broken.

After trying 1000 things I found a workaround that is:

Open the DTR perspective in NWDS, go to inactive -- <project>.. gen_wdp , ( and in gen_wdp right click, edit --> subfolder tree).

After doing that I am able to edit the source code... this is very strange! I mean, I never had this problem before..

somebody has a hint ?

Best regards!

Marco.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Macro,

What is NWDS version you are using ?

I had faced similar issue while trying to edit the code and I was using 7.0.14 ...

If you tweek the error log in windows-->Show view.. You can find some messages.

I had some messages where couple of .Java files were Read Only.

So, I manually accessed these files and unchecked the read only option and then opened the project and the files were editable..

Referring to these Error Logs might guide you in narrowing down the error..

Regards,

Vijay.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much, the problem as you said was a bug in NWDS ( another ... and counting.. )

DTR files have to be "check out" in the DTR perspective for editting manually, otherwise you are not able to write code.

Now it is working fine!

Best regards,

Marco.

former_member187977
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

I am able to edit the code is one of the DCs in the same track and I am unable to do so in the other. The error that I see in a popup while trying to edit the code is :

The operation can only be performed if the following objects are writable:The project is not in the repository, but there are some read-only files

Component Controller com.aramco.sao.had.hmd.dcsa.newagrcomp.NewAgrComp

Read-only: D:\Users\bohramx\Desktop\nwds-extsoa-7.3-SP02-PAT0001-win32\eclipse\workspace.jdi\1\DCs\aramco.com\it\ca\esales\web\newagrmnt\_comp\src\packages\com\aramco\sao\had\hmd\dcsa\newagrcomp\NewAgrComp.wdcontroller

Please suggest how to checkout files for edit.

Thanks!

seventyros