Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send Mail in case of Output Determination - Transmission medium 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I have a below requirement.

- Create custom output type having Transmission medium 5, which triggers on creation of order.

- Write driver program attached to that output type that sends e-mail to the person who has created the order.

- Mail contain information regarding pricing for individual line item wise.

I have gone through many posts but not sure about process of generate the mail in case of Transmission medium 5.

My query is:

Do we require to write FM (SO_NEW_DOCUMENT_ATT_SEND_API1) to send e-mail to respective person or it will take care by system (Transmission medium 5)?

If FM not required then how can we write code that triggers the mail to specific mail ID?

Nilay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you should go for OUTPUT TYPES, create new output type using NACE and setup external medium as 5 and all configuration , as I have done this for my company and it is running successfully, if you want I can send you my own documentation on this .

Regards,

Nishant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nishant,

Thanks for your response,

Please share your document, I believe, its really helpful.

Nilay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please provide ur email address I can send it to that as i don't know if i can attach those documents here on sdn.

Regards,

Nishant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

Found the solution my self.

Thanks for your answers.

Nilay

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, for your custom requirement you will have to create a Z report.

LIke your requirement must be to put something specific in mail body or attach something with mail. All this will not be catered by the standard report maintained against your output type and transmission medium.

As i understand for any output type a message is triggerd and stored in database table (like NAST) and then these requests are picked by standard report (like RSNAST00). These reports then in return call the Program/form maintained against the ouptut type and transmission medium (table TNAPR).

So i would suggest that create a custom report and use the FM for sending mails. These FMs are pretty simple to use. Find a sample code in the below link:

[http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAP/SendExternalMailwithattachment]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pranavjeet,

Thanks for your response.

Actually I am looking process that we setup in case of Transmission medium 5.