cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Va01 - changes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

We have a requirement where in we need to capture if any data (business data or pricing data) was changed by any user during the sales order create mode.

example:

During the sales order create if the terms of payment as determined from master data is N30 but if the user changed it to N45 we need to capture that information.

The same is the case with pricing if the base price is changed we need to capture that information.

Problem: In pricing we can configure controls to allow or preference to be given to records determined by the system but we cannot go that route as it may create confusion to user community. The option left for us is to capture changes during create mode. These changes need to what is determined by the system vs what is captured during the save process.

Thanks in advance for all ur help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Cleeuser ,

Forgive me if i am wrong. But what is the need of such a requirement?

Is the business trying to track who is making changes ?

First of all, business should try to set authorisation for each user roles.

For example , not all users will be able to change the payment term or price.

For the same we have to identify the authorisation object of that particular field and exclude it from the user role from whom we dont want such a change to happen.

Else , if there is no such restriction imposed as to who can make a change, then as suggested in the previous post, you

may try for a Ztable will all the fields of VBAK/VBAP/VBEP and using some screen exit, try to input the initial value and changed value to the Ztable against VBELN.

this can be later fetched as a report.

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Change documents are created only when a sales order is changed. If the payment term is changed in VA01 during the order creation, I believe there will be no record of that.

I've seen a similar question asked before and I believe the reply is usually that such tracking is only possible with custom development (user exit and either a custom table or a custom change document). An alternative solution would be to use authorization so that only certain users could make such changes. SAP provides a note (modification) for authorization check in pricing. Other fields still may require custom development.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please search the forum with the text "Change Log" so that you can find the answer is AUT10 will meet your requirement.

G. Lakshmipathi