cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WDR_SELECT_OPTIONS How to influence appeareance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I'm using the WDR_SELECT_OPTIONS component for an selection screen in Web-Dynpro.

Due to many different types of input data and use of many drop down fields and input fields (without range) each field gets a different length according to the data type in use.

Is there any possibility to adjust the size of these fields to a common length without casting all the fields to the same data type?

Best regards,

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to your replies, but unfortunately I don't have a problem with alignment but with the width of the input fields (and dropdowns).

Currently I "solved" the problem by accessing the view of wdr_select_options component dynamically after all fields have been added and setting the width.

manuel_pertek
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

can you please explain how you accessed the view after adding all fields?

I tried to modify the select option dynamically in WDDOMODIFYVIEW of the view that is using the select option.

But i only works halfways: The field i want to modify is only present after the first call. when WDDOMODIFYVIEW is called with first_time = X the filed is not yet available.

Greets,

Manuel

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have an option to provide the LAYOUT (TRANSPARENT etc). One more thing, If you have 8 fields where in the length differs. Group the fields and have them in different blocks so that the alignment is proper. Left side alignment will be proper but width of the fields will differ.

ChandraMahajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can influence appeareance by using methods like ADD_BLOCK, ADD_TEXT_LINE, ADD_HORIZONTAL_DIVIDERS etc. These are some methods from IF_WD_SELECT_OPTIONS which will be helpful for look and feel.

This select option fields will be contained in VCU and if you are having other normal UI fields like inputfield, dropdown etc then proper alingment of the UI fields on layout is the issue. You can use Matrix layout in that case so that fields will be alinged vertically in the same line.

But this will also have problem for select options. Hence better you can group select option fields into Group UI element and all other UI elements in one group so that alignment will be seen proper.

regarding width of select options, I gues that may not be possible as no such method is avaiable in IF_WD_SELECT_OPTIONS.

I hope this will help you.

Thanks,

Chandra