Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WDA - Image Viewer with zoom function

vritzau
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

i have the need to display an image (TIFF) in WebDynpro with the possibility of zooming in and out.

It's kind of a BOM explosing drawing, which defines the need of zooming in and out into Details.

Is there a built-in SAP Image Viewer which can be used in WDA?

Or what would be the standard way to realize this in WDA?

or 2nd idea

Do I have to use an external Image Viewer - Browser Plugin or ActiveX component - (like e.g. AlternaTIFF Viewer)?

If I have to use this, how can I integrate such a plugin in WDA or how do I have to cope with the image so that it will displayed by the Image Viewer?

What's the right (SAP) way?

Thanks for every idea and answer?

Best regards

Volker

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChandraMahajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think there is possibility of Image zooming in WDA. but if the image is getting opened in eaither Windows Picture and Fax viewer or MS Office Picture Manager etc etc then we can use the zoom in/zoom out fucntinality of these image viewer products right...It is something simmilar to opening MS excel from WD ABAP and then utilizing the fucntinality of MS Excel...

Thanks,

Chandra

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>Is there a built-in SAP Image Viewer which can be used in WDA?

Nothing supplied by the NetWeaver (Basis) layer. I don't believe that PLM has an application specific control either. I've only seen static images used.

>Or what would be the standard way to realize this in WDA?

You would have to use an external/3rd party control. More on that in the second part of your question.

>Do I have to use an external Image Viewer - Browser Plugin or ActiveX component - (like e.g. AlternaTIFF Viewer)?

ActiveX isn't a solution for customers or partners. ActiveX Islands are only allowed within SAP Internal and locked with a special digitial key.

You do have a couple of integration options.

In NetWeaver 7.01 we introduced FlashIslands. You can run Adobe Flash or Flex content within Web Dynpro. It would mean your external image viewer would have to be Flex based.

In NetWeaver 7.02 we extended Islands support to include Microsoft Silverlight Islands. If your image viewer was Silverlight based, this would be an option. It might be easier to take an existing ActiveX control and adapt it to Silverlight as well.

As a last resort consider the iFrame UI element. You could run BSP or really any web based source within the iFrame. You could host your ActiveX control within this HTML and run in an iFrame within WDA. You can pass data via URL parameters to the iFrame. However the iFrame was depricated for a time in 7.01. In 7.02 the iFrame returned to full support and even has a few enhancements.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! Please, i need one help, if possible! In change of SAP 7.20 to SAP 7.40, the Alternatiff show page blank in cockpit SAP! Have something that i can do it to enable show the docs in cockpit! I attache one print screen of problem! The Alternatiff is enable in IE 11 and show normal function! Please, if some bady can help me, I thank you very! Best Regards!