Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to send mail with x.509 or PGP encryption

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

This is my first post so HELLO:) ! I'm looking for solution for sending encryption maill form SAP HCM module. Until this time i was using standrd configuration in trans. scot mail to sanding e-mails using company mail serwer. Now i have task to send mails to clients network by internet, so important is to implement encryption method.

To send mail with payslip as pdf attachment i'm using my program which consider standard Call Func. SO_DOCUMENT_SEND_API1.

Please give me any tip for this issue. I was looking information on sap community before but I didn't find any clue.

Best regards!

Tomek

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think that SCOT is able to send encrypted mails.

You could, maybe, install an SMTP relay server that would encrypt the emails before resending on the internet.

Don't forget that using encrypted mail will generate a lot of work to manage the exchange of public keys.

My opinion is that using mail to send payslip is a bad solution.

In my company we receive an uncrypted email that tell us that our payslip is available in our (company supplied) e-safe account.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

AFAIK you can only digitally sign them and not encrypt them - regardless of the logistics of the keys.

If it is payslip related, then another option is to use your portal and SSL the connection. If they want a copy, then they can generate a PDF from it.

See BAPI_GET_PAYSLIP.

Cheers,

Julius

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, as guys mentioned there is no standard support. One of the workaround is to export body of email to a file and then call external OS command (e.g. PGP) to encrypt this file and then use it as a body of email. The problem is that you store unencrypted data on application server (at least for a short period of time). Hence probably better solution is to call a web service via SSL and send an email from other system that has better capabilities in regards of encrypting emails. The issue is that you have to propagate sensitive data to another system.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm really grateful for all of information from you. This is really problematic issue. My company need this solution for client without access by VPN to our network. As we will have practical solution I'll get back to you to report if it possible according our administrators.

Julius could you tell me please more about digital sign of payslip? It is possible using standard SAP function ? Maybe you now where i could find any clue about this issue ?

Best regards!

Tomek