cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

instructions for Installing SAP JVM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have downloaded the SAP JVM to use it for Java instances 7.3 as recommended by SAP.

Do i have to do more configuration other than Decompressing the SAP_JVM.SAR file .

Is there a specific path where to decompress it? are there some Variable Environments to modify?

Thanks in Advance

Hassan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer,

In the link there is nothing mentioned about the path how and where to install the SAP JVM ?

is there some recommendation about that?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As in the links provided above, it mentions that SAPJVM ideally comes automatically with the installed SAP Instance.

However if you want to install/update SAPJVM for SAP Instance manually - the below procedure could be used (JSPM):

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce71/helpdata/en/06/2dc545743a4f98950eec3f33ee4027/content.htm

The JSPM will 'put' the SAPJVM into the required SAP Instance. There aren't any additional path settings required.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer,

Actually i do not want to use at all the IBM JDK (i will install the SAP on Redhat EL5, X86_64)

Before the installation i will not have the path: /usr/sap/<SID>/<INSTANCE><NR>/j2ee/JSPM/go , shiould i have to craetae it and then decompress the SAP JVM inside? or i put it usually where the IBM JDK is usually installed in /opt

And for starting the /sapinst we need to have the JRE which is including in the SAP JVM.

Thats why i need to have it before having the instance installed.

Best Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The moment you start the SAPInst executable from the Installation Master - it will install the SAP JVM automatically as a 'prerequisite' for SAPInst and use it for the installation as well as for later use by the system. Hence no need to download external JDK.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As i know we need to have the JRE installed to run SAPinst, isnt?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is not the case with systems 7.1 and onwards.

Thanks,

Naveed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, what you mentioned is before NW CE 7.2. From 7.2 onwards - no external JVM required.

The java getting licensed is definitely the cause for it

Regards,

Srikishan