Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP TAO

former_member209175
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

In my project, the team has decided to use HP QC as testing tool with integration with SAP Sol Man. Also they would like to use SAP TAO. It would be very much helpful, if i get some clarifications on the below questions.

Q1: What is SAP TAO? without SAP TAO the testing can not be done using HP QC?

Q2: In order to have SAP TAO, is it mandatory to have QTP as well? If yes, why QTP is required to have SAP TAO?

Q3: In one of the document, i have read that, once the business requirements are transferred from Sol Man to HP QC, test cases can be easily created by smaller building blocks called components. What is the meaning of components? Is the components are standard components available by default or user created components?

Q4: How to do we identify the relevant components to build the test case?

Q5: What is parameterization? How it will be useful during testing?

Q6: What is the meaning of automatic test case creation? How SAP TAO helps to create the test cases automatically?

Thank you. Your input will be very much appreciated.

Regards

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go through below link and it answered most of your questions.

former_member209175
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Thank you for the thread link. If you give me some input on my questions, it would be very much helpful.

Thanks

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Below are the answers,

Q1: What is SAP TAO? without SAP TAO the testing can not be done using HP QC?

SAP TAO is a tool provided by SAP which will help you to generate automatic test components. Yes, you can still do the testing using HPQC without SAP TAO but it will be manual. You cannot perform automated with only HPQC. You need to make use of QTP and need to do lot of VB scripting.

Q2: In order to have SAP TAO, is it mandatory to have QTP as well? If yes, why QTP is required to have SAP TAO?

Yes. QTP is needed for SAP TAO. Even HPQC is also mandatory for SAP TAO. SAP TAO will work on basis of QTP.

Q3: In one of the document, i have read that, once the business requirements are transferred from Sol Man to HP QC, test cases can be easily created by smaller building blocks called components. What is the meaning of components? Is the components are standard components available by default or user created components?

You can create the components using the Business structure or models which are synced from SAP Solution manager.

Q4: How to do we identify the relevant components to build the test case?

Please go through the RKTs/OKPs in the service marketplace for SAP Test management with HPQC , you will understand how it works in HPQC. The link is http://service.sap.com/rkt-solman

Q5: What is parameterization? How it will be useful during testing?

Not sure....

Q6: What is the meaning of automatic test case creation? How SAP TAO helps to create the test cases automatically?

SAP TAO is having different features which will help you to automate the tests related to SAP GUI. I think Ram has explained very nicely in the link which he posted. Or same you can download all the knowledge materials and demo and have a look.

former_member209175
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi jagadish,

Thank you for the RKT. its very useful.

I have two more queries. Why QTP is required to have SAP TAO? What is the reason behind it?

In the RKT i have read about test consolidation. What is test consolidation? without test consolidation, can not we execute the test in test lab (in HP QC)?

Thanks

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Please see the below link point 3 where Ram has explained the Why QTP is needed.