cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FCC strange issue - Data not being read from beginning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am facing a peculiar issue in FCC for file sender. The data is not getting read from beginning but somewhere halfway in the data line. Here are details.

The contents of source text file are:

H1|H2|H3|--

|H11|H12|H13|--
|H19|H20

D1|D2|D3|--

|abc@def|D12|D13|--
|D19|D20

So there is a header line having field headings H1 to H20 and one data line with values D1 to D20. All are pipe separated fields. Data line occurs only once.

Here are FCC parameters in channel config :

Document Offset = 1 (because I want to skip header line)

Record.fieldSeparator = |

Record.fieldNames = F1,F2,F3,........,F19,F20

Record.missingLastFields = add (because last field might be blank)

ignoreRecordsetName = true (because recordset name that I have defined is not actually present in the data type)

Result obtained:

When I start the channel, the XML shown in channel monitoring is -

<Record>

<F1>def</F1>

<F2>D12</F2>

<F3>D13</F3>

- - -

- - -

<F19>blank</F19>

<F20>blank</F20>

</Record>

But what I expect to see is -

<Record>

<F1>D1</F1>

<F2>D2</F2>

<F3>D3</F3>

- - -

- - -

<F11>abc@def</F11>

- - -

- - -

<F19>D19</F19>

<F20>D20</F20>

</Record>

So the fields are getting created correctly, but the values are getting assigned from an intermediate field, and that too not its full value but part of it. Does this have to do with character '@' in email address ? Pls let me know if anyone has any clues to this. I will test with different data and see how it goes.

Regards,

-Shankar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

in Record.fieldSeparator, instead of character pipe |, try to use its hexadecimal value, so: 0x7C

regards

mickael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I tried it, but now it's showing all the data from "def" onwards till D20 in the first field F1

<Record>

<F1>def|D12|D13|||------||D19|D20</F1>

<F2></F2>

<F3></F3>

- - -

- - -

<F19></F19>

<F20></F20>

</Record>

Regards,

-Shankar

PriyankaAnagani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have specified the value in single quotes..'0x7C'. Have you specified the endSeparator....

Regards,

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

First we need to analyse whether the @ is causing the issue.

Try creating your own file without @ and check whether the data is coming from beginning.

If yes, then we need to find a way out to analyse giving some sort of escape sequence to the @ parameter.

In my opinion it should not be a problem since normal email addresses has the @ symbol which the FCC should be processing.

Regards

Krish

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

... duplicate entry - removed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I found that there was some issue in the contents of source file due to which an extra newline character had got inserted. After testing with a new file, it worked. Thanks for your help..

Regards,

-Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try:

1. Deleting the header line manually from the data file and changing the sender adapter to not ignore header record; or,

2. Playing around with the '@' symbol in the data file

rgds