cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

batch switch off in delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My client has activated batch at material level. we have a seperate plant created now for which we don;t want batches. Is there any exit or way available where i can switch off the batch (only for outbound delivery or for that plant) now?

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

There will be some Batch Search Strategy for the Material or customer or plant combination maintained in TCode VCH1/VCH2.

Change the validity date for the desired combination in TCode VCH2.

Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JP,

We don;t have search strategy for batches. Batch determination takes place when you hit batch split criteria and the selection of batches are manual. this happens in delivery.

now we are using a different plant for which we want to do delivery and PGI without batch. Since batch is activated at material level, system compels us to enter the batch before PGI.

is there any exit to deactivate the batch atleast for that plant during PGI or any other way??

Regards,

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Refer SAP Note 1464539 - Error Message VL324 Occurs in the Delivery .

Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JP,

I did not understand your reply. we are not getting any error. however we want to restrict the sytem in asking for batch (since batch is activated at material level) during PGI.

Regards,

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To resolve the issue, either you have to change the batch management level to Plant level, which of course might be huge task or you need to create a separate material number for that plant without batch management activation in the material master. Otherwise I don't see any other solution for your requirement.

Regards,

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Refer the SAP Note in SAP Service Marketplace you will get a solution to your requirement.

Regards

JP