cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI Initial Setup for ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I am trying to implement BI-IP integration between ABAP system and Java system. My ABAP system is ECC 6.0 (Basis SP21, BW SP19) and my Java system is Netweaver 7.0 EHP2 (SP3).

My problem is when I try to execute BI initial setup for ABAP in NWA configuration page I am receiving

error during validation : com.sap.tc.lm.ctc.metamodel.exception.ActionExecuteException: Not able to load Function RSO_CTC_GET_BW_CONFIG_CLIENT (cause:Function template RSO_CTC_GET_BW_CONFIG_CLIENT could not be retrieved.).

I checked my ABAP backend system details and all is fine. Administrator user has S_BI-WHM_RFC, S_BI-WX_RFC, S_BW_RFC, SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW profiles. SLD is also working fine, to make sure I pushed data from RZ70 again and it finished without any problems. I also checked BI Metadata and BI Modeldata JCO connections and they work fine too.

Java stack is fresh install and it doesn't contain any data and I installed it only for BI-IP integration with my abap system.

What am I doing wrong?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi solman,

I'm facing the same problem.

Did you found a solution?

BR

Harald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you set a standard client for BW on the ECC side? If so, what happens when you run RSA1 in that client?

J. Haynes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

When I start RSA1 it opens Data Warehouse Workbench. I tried on Netweaver side all clients but error is same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaan,

Try to check user DDIC in client 000 and ensure that it exists, not locked and has the same password as in Integration Server client.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I do not have any integration servers. I only have an abap and a java system. I also checked DDIC on 000 client and it is not locked.

I also never used DDIC user in any configuration phase. I gave my own administrative user everywhere.

Best regards