cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Force viewContainerUIElement inside group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I have a viewcontainerUIelement inside a group in my screen. I have put a WDR_SELECT_OPTIONS inside, however it jumps out of the group and places it self above, however the buttons of the select_options are placed inside the group. I think it is easier to understand from a screenshot:

[http://imageshack.us/f/190/wda2.png/|http://imageshack.us/f/190/wda2.png/]

So two questions:

1. How do I force the select-options input field to be inside the group?

2. How do I disable the standard-buttons for the select-options?

Thanks, Jesper.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies. I have hidden the buttons so one thing has been corrected.

I think the other problem may have to do with the pointer to the select-options:

• get a pointer to the interface controller of the select options component

wd_this->m_wd_select_options = wd_this->wd_cpifc_select_options( ).

• init the select screen

wd_this->m_handler = wd_this->m_action_select_options->init_selection_screen( ).

I think that wd_this->m_wd_select_options points at the first ViewContainer, so how can I get it to point to the second? I cannot see any parameters?

ChandraMahajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

go to your WD Component and see the tab Used Components. you may have 2 component usage for 2 select options. As per that you can use the instance of the select options to point correctly.

Thanks,

Chandra

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK I guess one way is to set i_description to something other than nothing or blank space - i.e. '.' and then it only writes that. Not too beautiful, so another solution would be greatly appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK one more question, I don't think it qualifies for it's own thread. I could not find the answer in the guide for selection fields.

My problem is, that there is text in front of my selection field, is there any way I can prevent this? I add the field like this:

lt_range_table = wd_this->m_action_handler->create_range_table(

i_typename = 'ZFIE_UCOMM' ).

wd_this->m_action_handler->add_selection_field(

i_id = 'UCOMM'

it_result = lt_range_table

i_read_only = read_only

i_no_intervals = abap_true

i_is_auto_description = abap_false ").

i_description = '' ).

The "i_is_auto_description" takes away the first part of the text, but not all of it. i_description was a test which did not work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much, that was exactly what I was doing wrong!

Being new to WDA these concepts can be a bit confusing, but when it is possible to get help like this so quick, I cannot complain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jesper,

First create group and place your VC in it. you wil get all your selection screen within group.

To invisible standard buttons follow as suggested..

cheers,

Kris.

ChandraMahajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

looking at snap, there are 2 different VCU (ViewContainerUI Element). all selection screen fields and associated objects are part of VCU in which it is embedded.

regarding hiding buttons, refer link http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Snippets/WebDynproABAP-Complexselect-optionscomponent+usages.

Below is the code for it.

• Hide the standard select-options components.

wd_this->m_helper->set_global_options(

i_display_btn_cancel = abap_false

i_display_btn_check = abap_false

i_display_btn_reset = abap_false ).

Thanks,

Chandra