cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASN Error on Save / publish -"Posting Illegal Statement" ABAP Runtime error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on the ASN Scenario in SNC 7.0. Whenever I create an ASN in the SNC web UI and Save or/and Publish it, the following actions occur:

1. I get the message "ASN got saved / published successfully" in the SNC Web UI

2. Everytime I do this, a ABAP runtime error gets logged in the system. The Runtime Error is "Posting_Illegal_Statement" (seen under ST22)

3. I do not see any XML messages in SXI_Monitor.

4. I do not see any log entries in SLG1

Can anyone explain how to debug this error and what may be the possible causes for this error?

Also can anyone explain how to send the XML messages manually using the report "/N/SCA/DLV_PUBLISH". Whats the config / action needed to trigger the XML and send it to PI?

Thanks,

Bharath

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

Regarding ABAP dump your technical guy can do this debugging (go to St22 and go to source extract see the code where it got failed)

Transaction code "/N/SCA/DLV_PUBLISH" is use for publishing of ASN which are failed.

example:Supplier publish the ASN from Web UI it also shows ASN got published successfully but XML is not triggered due to some issue.

In this case we can use /N/SCA/DLV_PUBLISH to published ASN.

Required data is supplier and ASN number (no other config required).

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Thanks for the Info..

When I tried to publish the ASN again using " /N/SCA/DLV_PUBLISH", I get the message : "ASN ASN798A is marked for sending via PPF - use the PPF selection report"

Then I went to Txn. SPPFP and tried executing it with the following selections:

Application : /SCA/ICH

Application Profile : /SCA/BOL_DELIVERY

Action Definition : /SCA/BOL_DLV_XML

Time of Processing : Immediate Processing / Processing using Selection report (Tried both options)

When I execute it I get the message : "0 Actions have been selected"

Is any further customizing required to trigger the outbound XML? I dont see any XML messages in SXI_Monitor..

Regards,

Bharath

martin_renardy
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hallo,

I have had the same problem. The ASN coding crashed and I could not reprocess the ASN posting within the PPF.

The ABAP /SCA/DLV_PUBLISH checks, wether the ASN is meant to be sent by the PPF. Just overwrite the check within the debugger and the ASN will be posted via a XML message.

Set gs_dlv-send_mode to 'D' within the debugger.

In ABAP

• Publish ASN

PERFORM publish_asn.

Form publish_asn

IF gs_dlv-send_mode <> /scmb/cl_c_order=>gc_publ_method_direct. -

>> Set Mode in debugger

MESSAGE ID '/SCA/DM'

TYPE 'I'

NUMBER '136'

WITH lv_asn_number.

gv_error = 'X'.

RETURN.

ELSE.

Regards

Martin

Edited by: Martin Renardy on Oct 20, 2011 1:32 PM

Edited by: Martin Renardy on Oct 20, 2011 1:42 PM

Edited by: Martin Renardy on Oct 20, 2011 1:43 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Thanks for suggesting the workaround. It worked for me !!

But still not able to understand why we need to do this? Just running the report /SCA/DLV_PUBLISH should allow us to publish the ASN XMLs.

Thanks,

Bharath

martin_renardy
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hallo Bharath,

my explanation: When you create and save an ASN, you can create the XML via ABAP /SCA/DLV_PUBLISH. When you press the button Publish in the Web-UI the ASN is passed over to the PPF in order to publish the ASN in the background.

When the coding chashes know the ASN is marked for sending by the PPF; so the ABAP is rejecting the ASN.

The status is somehow undefined.

Regards

Martin

Answers (0)