cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test in AL 11 folder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am doing a File to File test scenario. I do not have a file access. Can I place the target file in my desktop? How do I do that ? Or can I creata a folder in XI in AL 11 , place there and check the file

It would be helpful before I actually place the file in the target MDM server

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can check the transactions SXDA_TOOLS or CG3Y and CG3Z. These transactions are used to transfer file from application server to local system.

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my opinion,

The best solution is to ask to BasisTeam to create the directories.

Probably, with your User, you don't have the permissions to create directory in PI System (even in the AL11 transaction).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shabarish,

Your blog, as always, is wonderful and I am sure I will use it on my laptop. I cannot download exe files on my office machine and I don't have the previleges to do that.

Raj

I am getting an error Transaction CG3Z does not exist. Same the case with CG3Y also.

I searched sdn and got this information.

T-code CG3Z can be used to upload files from ECC system (assuming the ECC and SAP PI directories are mounted / shared).

It won't work from PI abap stack.

How do I check ECC and SAP PI directories are mounted or shared ?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ajith

How about auth for SXDA_TOOLS ?

You need not to check if ECC and SAP PI directories are mounted or shared. I was taking a chance if it was mounted then your issue might have solved. So don't get distract from the current issue.

If you don't have authorization then you need to check with Basis / security to get it.

Regards

Raj

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ajith,

for F2F, XI system must have access and the XI user should assigned permissions to the directories. In usual scenarios, file is read/write is through an FTP server to adhere security policies easily.

Can I create two directories in AL 11, pick and place the file in different directories?

Yes, it is possible.

Transaction CG3Z does not exist. Same the case with CG3Y also

your XI installation does not contain ECC components -- these transactions will not work.

- Nikhil Bose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I created two directories on AL 11, when I try to access the directory, by clicking on it, it gives this error message

Wrong order of calls <- CALL opendir: Not a directory(,,..)

I tried to upload a file to the directory that I created using the FM ARCHIVFILE_CLIENT_TO_SERVER. I was not able to do that. I tried with existing directory and still was not able to do it. I put the file on the desktop and ave the path. It's not working.

The file that I tried to add was text file.

Any problem with the format ?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

use transaction SXDA_TOOLS. In first screen give parameters as in 1st box DXPROJECT, 2nd BAPI, 3rd CREATE. then execute it will open a new screen where you have options to chose source (Application or presentation server) and target (Application or presentation server). So choose source presentation server and browse your file, provide other details server and file type as physical. then choose target application server path (or you can browse as well). and then execute.

Regards

Raj

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

configure a FTP server on your desktop, provide those details in your adapter and you can play around with files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajith,

Since you are doing F2F scenario, you can use NFS File sender and Receiver communication channel and use differnt folder or path for both source and destination.

You can use some standard abap programs to pick file from your local desktop and place it across the XI file share. You can also request basis to provide you FTP access and use some external tools like Filezilla/Winscp to navigate to xi file share.

Regards

Krish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can I create two directories in AL 11, pick and place the file in different directories?

regards

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can use some standard abap programs to pick file from your local desktop and place it across the XI file share.

You can use the function module ARCHIVFILE_CLIENT_TO_SERVER to upload the file to AL11, and then do the steps mentioned by the poster above (use NFS to pickup the file, etc).

Hope this helps,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajith,

If you have the required authorizations, then you can create directories in AL11. If not , check with the basis people and ask them to create the same.

Regards

Krish