cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block Shipping dates from calendar to assist Inventory count

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

This is in regard with blocking 3 days for shipping. Client wants to do an inventory count (for a particular plant) and so he wants that no shipment should happen on those 3 days from the plant (in SAP also). So he wants to block those 3 days for shipping.

However, orders can be placed on these days.

Can you please guide me how to proceed on this? Is this related to any change in shipping calendar or factory calendar or any other setting?

Kindly advise,

Thanks,

Anurag.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anurag

Shipping is an ECC function. So your question is better directed to the Logistics Execution forum.

If you use GATP and want to prevent committed date/ planned PGI date to fall on these three days, you can modify the shipping calendar assigned to the location. If you use CPS calendar determination, you would adjust the respective calendars for the Pick/Pack activities. Note that this will still not prevent users from creating a manual delivery/ PGI in ECC.

Rishi Menon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

Thanks for the help !

Yes we use GATP, and yes we want to prevent committed date/ planned PGI date fall between these 3 days.

I went to customizing in APO MAster data > Maintain Planning Calendar (Time Stream).

It is maintained - working time calendar (with gaps) & interval as weeks (Mon-Fri each week).

Could you please guide me which setting should I do do block these 3 days here? Shall I remove these days from Buckets or how?

Kindly advise. And thanks again !

Thanks,

Anurag.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anurag

How do you currently create time stream calendars ? Do you create it with reference to a factory calendar ? If so, do you import factory calendars from ECC ? In such a case, you might be better off editing the factory calendar in SCAL and then regenerating the relevant time stream calendar. Or you could simply delete the records on the Periods tab.

Rishi Menon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Rishi for clarifying !

Yes we use factory calendar & our factory calendars are imported into APO/CRM/BI systems.

One last question, If I block these 3 dates in factory calendar, how would it affect my day-to-day transactions in those 3 days? Orders won't get confirmed, but do they have any impact on other functions?

Thanks,

Anurag.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anurag

Changing the Factory calendar in ECC will definitely affect other functions including Planning, Logistics, etc. But its difficult what the exact impact is. Maybe Finance will be impacted. I dont know. It would be best to discuss this with colleagues across all functions to get their inputs.

Rishi Menon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Rishi !

Answers (0)