cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

two storage location of same plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

there are two storage loaction in my plant A and B.normal sales is being done by "A" but my requirement is there are certain customers who is being delivered by certain storage location i.e B for same material.

my requirement is to determine storage location automatically according to the customers.

note:material and plant is same.

how should i proceed.

thanks

nakul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In standard SAP there is no storagelocation determination based on the customer.

You have to develop it.

See these links

Thank you.

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nakul,

Is business having any list with customers & the required storage location required for that particular customer?

I would suggest you to go on the following lines.

Identify a field in customer master which is not used and make an entry there as storage location (make the field mandatory so that in future no customer code gets saved without giving a storage location)

Now using the mala/reta/mare calculation, system will identify the storage location during delivery , but in the sales order there is an exit available

In this exit, write a logic to fetch the storage location from customer master field where we have maintained the storage location during the creation of the customer master.

Since we are filling the value of storage location during sales order, the same gets copied to delivery and hence it will override the storage location determined using mala/reta/mare

For the exiting customers , we can do a MASS and update the storage location.

Check and revert back.

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles

Edited by: Hegal . K . Charles on Oct 19, 2011 3:49 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear NakulRaj

As per my knowledge , in this case storage location will not be determined in delivery automatically,there are 2 options

1. You convence your user that give the storage location manually in the sales order it will be reflected in the delivery.

2. You have to go for a development, in that make a Z- table in that specify

customer group(A)-plant-material = storage location A

Customer group(B)-plant-material= Storage location B

Group the customers according to respective storage locations.

By this you can automatically determine the storage locations in sales order or delivery by using user exits MV45AFZZ and MV50AFZZ respectively.

Please let me know if you have any further clarifications

Thanks&Regards

Raghu.k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi nakul,

Shipping point + Plant + Storage condition = Storage location

So with two different storage conditions we can maintain two storage locations for single plant.\

If you want to determine customer specific you have to go for Z development.

Regards

Ram